Bestmix and milas software solutions for petfood industry - Food and Beverage
The petfood industry has a unique production and product development process. Petfood producers have to manage and generate complicated bills of material, meet nutritional requirements and marketing claims whilst securing a maximum profit. BESTMIX and MILAS software support petfood manufacturers in several ways: allocate the right raw materials at the right place and time, produce at lowest cost, create compliant declaration, deliver high quality food for pets and optimise your operations via petfood specific ERP.
Optimizing the procurement of raw materials
BESTMIX formulation software supports petfood producers in their raw material purchase decisions. This user-friendly software helps you in correctly analysing which raw materials you should buy when, where and at what price. The multiblend functionality in BESTMIX formulation allows users to control and evaluate the usage of raw materials over time and location, based on expected sales of the organisations' different petfood products.This information allows petfood producers to quickly and correctly react to market fluctuations.
Produce at lowest cost
Managing complex bills of material, meeting nutritional requirements and marketing claims whilst securing maximum profits are some of the many challenges petfood companies face everyday. BESTMIX formulation software enables users to easily generate this critically important info and also reflect on the different production steps by offering a multi-level product design. Look for software that allows you to process sub recipes on their own while also taking specific parameters into account such as evaporation on the level of sub recipes or individual ingredients. This method guarantees manufacturers that their raw materials are accurately dosed and form a finished product that is compliant and manufactured in the most cost-effective way.
Creating compliant declaration
Creating innovative and compelling petfood is one thing, complying with marketing requirements is another. Similar to human food, marketing claims (such as non-GMO, no grain, etc.) have become standard practice on petfood declarations. The nutritional info is key in your communication with the pet owner and is highly regulated to guarantee the protection of their pets. This poses an extra challenge for petfood producers. Packaging is printed on a large scale making it essential for the petfood to match the claims on the declaration. As Adifo strives to facilitate every single step of the production process, the available labelling functionality in BESTMIX formulation allows users to assess compliance to regulations and claims from as early as in the product development process. The product datasheets are then generated in a controlled way, based on pre-defined user templates.
Delivering high quality petfood
In order to guarantee the quality of petfood, it is essential to monitor the quality of incoming raw materials and follow up quality parameters during production. BESTMIX Quality Control allows you to easily monitor the quality of both raw materials and end products in an integrated way. This allows you to become more efficient at capturing and using QC data, leading to high quality petfood.
Optimize your operations with petfood specific ERP
MILAS efficiently supports various petfood specific needs in relation to product, recipe and quality management. By relying on the MILAS solution, you have a complete and accurate overview on your raw material position, therefore guaranteeing an optimal raw material allocation across production facilities. MILAS also takes care of the proper handling for Make To Stock (MTS) and Make To Order (MTO) deliveries. The solution covers finance, purchase, sales, production planning and warehouse management functionality, all based upon a smooth and complete integration with production and formulation software.
- Save Time – Through fluent integrations and powerful functionalities that allocate the raw materials at the right time to the right place and at the right price
- Improved recipe design – Use the multi-level product desgin to reflect the several production steps. This makes the petfood design simple and straightforward
- Guarantee compliance early in the product development process – Check compliance to regulations and marketing claims early in the product development process and therefore prevent recalls due to invalid claims on the product declaration.
- Boost profits by moisture change management - By calculating the effects that are caused by drying on each of the individual sub recipes, manufacturers can eradicate several uncertainties from the start.
- Create private label products at a glance - Easily manage private label products resulting in more efficiency
- Controlled product datasheet generation - Product datasheets (incl. appropriate feeding guidelines) are generated in a controlled way for each new product version based on customizable templates
- Deliver what you promise to your customer - Interactively update the raw material specs in formulation resulting in compliant products
- Improve decision-making – Evaluate and benchmark suppliers and raw material origins
- Learn from quality data – Take corrective actions based upon tangible sample data
- Efficient raw material planning - By using MILAS’ Material Resource Planning (MRP), you avoid production breaks caused by missing raw materials and unnecessary raw material stock intake.