Harvest biomass for renewable energy solutions for paper industry - Pulp & Paper
Despite the high competition within the paper production industry, fibre crops are developing an increasing presence.
Most popular related searches
Why Consider Alternatives for Paper Production?
Over 30 million acres of forest are cut down every year.
Destroying forests for products such as pulp and paper creates temporary or long-term environmental disturbances in forest habitats
Worldwide consumption of paper has risen by 400% in the past 40 years
The majority of wood for pulping is obtained from plantation forests, which is generally a monoculture and this raises concerns over the ecological effects of the practice.
130 billion paper cups for coffee
Over 6.5 million trees were cut down to make 16 billion paper cups used by US consumers only for coffee in 2006
Why ARUNDO Energy Reed?
- Arundo is a good source of fibrous raw material for making quality paper.
- Arundo fiber length is generally around 1-1,2 mm in length making it comparable to eucalyptus pulp in that regard.
- Using the kraft process, Arundo appears suitable for generic grades of tissues for both facial tissues and toilet paper.
- In the future Arundo is considered to replace part of the Eucalyptus hardwood feedstock used in paper making.
- The short fiber length of Arundo pulp makes its properties more suitable for substituting for a eucalypt pulp than for a pine pulp.
- The chemical demand and bleachability of pulp is satisfactory.