Laboratory equipments for oil & water in seeds - Agriculture - Crop Cultivation
Measuring Oil and Water in Seeds using the MQC Benchtop NMR Analyser. The breeding, cultivation and processing of seeds to obtain vegetable oil is a major global industry. The amount of oil in seeds and water in seeds are critical parameters which need to be understood at all stages of the industry from plant breeding through commercial agriculture to milling and processing. Oils derived in this manner are used in foodstuffs, the manufacture of biofuels and as a chemical feedstock for many products.
Our Benchtop NMR Analyser - MQC - provides an extremely fast, simple-to-operate answer to the question “how much oil and water is present in my seeds?'
This test complies with:
- ISO-10565 for oil in seeds and water in seeds
- ISO-10632 for oil in seed residue and water in seed residue and is
- USDA-GIPSA approved for the measurement of sunflower seeds
Two versions of the MQC are available for this application:
- MQC5 is for large volumes of seed (40 and 80ml), typically used for determining the value of agricultural produce
- MQC23 is for single seeds and small seed volumes (up to 14ml), typically used for breeding and other research