Pollen Analyzer for Hybrid Seed Production - Agriculture
Control over pollen quality and pollination is a key success factor to ensure high quality seed and yield. Excessive warm nights, draughts, rain and pesticide applications negatively affect the pollen viability, quantity and timing of pollen shed, leading to a reduced seed set and yield loss. Consequently, measuring and understanding pollen quality in hybrid seed production allows maximization of yields, improvement of the female to male ratio and forecasting of your yield.
Enhance hybrid seed production by:
- Optimizing the timing of pollen harvest to ensure high quality pollen
- Improving pollen storage protocols and conditions
- Checking pollen viability to adjust amount used for manual pollination
- Increasing the female to male ratio
- Reducing the risk of low yields due to insufficient pollination