Solutions for Animal Health Monitoring on Farms - Agriculture - Livestock
The continuous monitoring of environmental parameters that affect animal welfare and diseases provides detailed information about the state of the farm, with the purpose of detecting possible diseases or losses in advance, among other incidents or warnings.
The solution animal health monitoring on farms that have been developed by ENVIRA IoT contribute to improving the efficiency in the production and the comfort of the animals, as well as the quality of the product delivered to the final consumer.Monitoring system
The warning system includes:
- Remote modules where the sensors capturing relevant variables are placed (poultry farming, beef farming, pig farming…).
- A central station where the data from the sensors are received.A smart computer system for the exploitation of the data gathered in order to generate warnings and notifications for events involving a potential risk.
Animal welfare indicators factors.
This solution can reveal the factors that are relevant for production and health and monitor the production on a farm. Nanoenvi® FARM monitors these indicators of animal welfare in real time:
- Concentration of ammonia.
- Hydrogen sulfide
- The solution handles communications with the monitoring modules and stores the data locally, with tools for data analysis and generation of warnings.
- Each remote module may be equipped with up to 8 sensors. Its low-consumption design means that it can also work with a very small solar panel. The system is programmed for data acquisition according to the integration period desired and the data are sent wirelessly to the central module at planned intervals.
- These remote modules may work autonomously, without the central module, because they can be equipped with a 3G modem to send data directly to a server in the cloud belonging to ENVIRA IoT or to a third party. They use standard communications protocols (Ejp JSON) that can be configured to send data to third parties.
- The number of modules that can be connected to each system is practically unlimited. The user can add modules as required. Additionally, specific modules can be developed for particular needs.
The animal health monitoring solution on farms enables:
- The development of prediction algorithms with data about water consumption, temperature and age, indicating the predictable consumption range for a group of healthy animals. A deviation from that range alerts about the loss of water or a failure in its delivery to the animals, or about any sanitary problem or disease. Besides, knowing the real consumption of animals is essential to guarantee their health and welfare.
- Contributing to decision-making in the strategies for the management of beds and ventilation.
- Minimizing the levels of toxic gas.
- Improving productivity.
- Reducing the possibility of respiratory diseases.
- Improving animal welfare.
- Providing nicer and safer surroundings for the farm workers.