Water filtration systems for sub-surface drip irrigation - Agriculture - Irrigation
The volume of water supplied under the surface of the soil (nearest the plants) generates a spatial distribution of the same named “dump bulb”. The shape and size of this “dump bulb” is different from the surface localized irrigation. The water is distributed in all the directions by capillarity conditioned by the continuous action of the gravity. The shape of the “dump bulb” depends on the type of soil, the flow rate of the emitters and the irrigation practice (frequency and time of each irrigation).
Depending on the separation of these points, the flow rate, the type of soil and the irrigation practice it is possible to have so much “dump bulbs” as emitting points or one unique and continuous dump band by each emitting line.
The sub-surface localization permits the pipe is not exposed in the surface and the water distribution patron generated is different with a reduced/null wet area in the surface when a suitable irrigation practice is done. All the economic, agronomic and ecologic advantages are inherent to the sub-surface localization (not exposed in the surface) and to the water distribution patron generated under this circumstance (lack of water on the soil surface).
- Not exposed to direct sun radiation.
- Possibility of making any professional and/or recreational task before, during and after the irrigation.
- Landscape – The sub-surface irrigation system does not interfere with the visual and aesthetic design of Parks and Gardens. There are not visible elements.
- Safety – There are not exposed elements able to damage by reason of unforeseeable circumstance of any kind. Lack of vandalism.
Smaller wetted area in surface
- Less evaporation. Higher volume of available water.
- Less saline concentration in the active root area.
- Lack of problems from the lime precipitations.
- Decrease of weeds.
- Less illnesses.
- Permits the use of treated wasted water and the waters with salts higher to the tolerance levels in surface.
The advantages previously mentioned produce a positive reaction in the crop increasing the obtained outputs, decreasing the stress situations.