1) By addressing climate impacts in their own operations and driving waste out of manufacturing, transport, and delivery functions.
2) Carving out a share of the growing market in more efficient, cleaner products and services.
The Value of EPA Partnership Programs
Many signs suggest the business community is beginning to confront the climate issue on a wide scale. There are now more than 13,000 firms and other organizations participating in climate-related EPA Partnership Programs. Through participation, these organizations have invested in energy efficiency, clean energy supply, and other climate-friendly technologies,1 reaping value such as:
• Substantial energy cost savings.
• Improved operating efficiencies.
• Improved risk management.
• Expanded market opportunities.
• Improved job satisfaction, employee recruiting, and worker productivity.
• Enhanced brand and corporate reputation.
EPA Partnership Programs also offer partners a wide variety of valuable services and resources to reduce GHG emissions.