- Project Name: Limestone Park Residence Hall, University of Kentucky
- Products: Gravelpave2
- Applications: Grass fire lane
- City: Lexington
- State/Province: Kentucky
- Install Date: July 2016
- Client: University of Kentucky
- Install Size: 180 m2 (2,000sq ft)
- Address: 911 Ave of Champions, Holmes Hall, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40526-0104
- Designer: Lord Aeck Sargent Architects
- Contractor: McAfee Mowing and Landscaping, Inc., Team Athletic Field Builders, 114 North Second St., Danville, KY 40422
- Directions: Michael McAfee, McAfee Mowing and Landscaping, Inc.
- Photography: Michael McAfee, McAfee Mowing and Landscaping, Inc
Summary: “A fire lane was installed using Grasspave2 so that Joseph Sexton cold drive his fire truck on it at the University of Kentucky Limestone Park Residents Hall.”
Grasspave2 mats are unrolled and trimmed to fit the grass-portion area of the fire lane.
The University of Kentucky needed green space for part of the area at Limestone Residence Hall. In addition, they needed fire lane and emergency access to this area. Grasspave2, at 15,940 psi compressive strength, can withstand any fire truck outrigger on the market today, and it looks great!