OILSEED ELEVATOR UPGRADE - Capacity upgrade and hygiene improvements with AM Nyrim elevator buckets
Largest UK producer of rape / canola oil recently upgraded their main silo feed elevator to incorporate 4B's advanced anti- static AM Nyrim elevator buckets. Increasing capacity by reducing material build-up in the buckets and improving hygiene throughout the production process.
Largest UK producer of rape / canola oil required an increase in the tonnage capacity of the elevator along with steps to improve hygiene and reduce the risk of salmonella contamination throughout their production facility.
Oil and dust sticks to the traditional fabricated steel buckets building up and reducing capacity of the elevator. Over time these deposits grow and can reduce capacity of the buckets. These then start to break off in lumps and can contaminate the production process further along the refining process.
Replacing the mild steel buckets with like for like would have no benefit in that they were susceptible to damage and build up.
Proposing the newly developed AM Nyrim elevator buckets offered more robust, higher capacity throughput without needing to carry out any drive changes. The material is not damaged by knocks and bumps as it goes around the elevator.
The advanced Nyrim material is inherently antistatic without the need of additives to reduce surface resistivity.
- Increased throughput of the elevator.
- Spark resistant elevator materials introduced into the process.
- Low coefficient of friction and flexibility of Nyrim material stops any build of deposits on the buckets.
- Improved hygiene throughout the production process.
- Impact resistance of Nyrim less susceptible to damage than fabricated mild steel buckets.