Microirrigation Management and Maintenance 2nd Edition
This book is meant to serve as a user-friendly manual for drip/microirrigation management and maintenance. It will walk you step-by-step through the proper management and proactive maintenance procedures necessary for successful drip/ microirrigation practice. Negligence of system maintenance compromises the advantages of drip/microirrigation.
- Authors / Editors:
- Farouk A. Hassan, Ph.D. Irrigation & Soils consultant Agro Industrial Management Fresno, California and USA
- Dec. 2015
Drip/Microirrigation subjects discussed include:
- How to schedule irrigation.
- How to install, use and maintain tensiometers.
- How to monitor soil moisture under drip.
- How to estimate irrigation efficiency.
- Managing of salinity and determining leaching requirements.
- How to determine fertilizer injection rate.
- How to evaluate the quality of your irrigation water.
- How to improve water penetration problems.
- How to use water amendments to improve infiltration.
- How to adjust, maintain, and troubleshoot media and screen filters.
- How to evaluate system emission uniformity.
- How to flush your microirrigation system.
- How to identify clogging problems and remedy them.
- Chlorination and acidification for water treatment and clogging problems.
- Assessment of the condition of the well-pump system
This book was divided into six books which they can be ordered separately according to the area of interest. These books are:
- Drip/Microirrigation System Maintenance
- Microirrigation Scheduling And Salinity Management
- Fertigation Management Under Microirrigation
- Water Infiltration Management Under Microirrigation
- Water Filtration For Drip/Microirrigation
- Emitter Selection For Microirrigation