Our Memphis lab operates out of our new state-of-the art facilities in east Memphis. This move from our old 11,000 sq. ft. laboratory, our new laboratory of 18,750 sq. ft. accommodates our growth in agriculture, microbiology, and environmental testing. The new expanded facilities are better suited for each of the markets for which we perform testing and expands each testing area by 60%.
The history of A&L Laboratories goes back to 1971. Two men, Mr. Don Ankerman and Dr. Richard Large, had a dream to build a laboratory that would set a new precedent in the Agriculture Industry. They wanted to focus on quality of service, accuracy in testing and expediency on returns. Mr. Ankerman and Dr. Large realized that dream with the opening of A&L Agricultural Laboratories, Inc.
In 1986, A&L took a new turn venturing into the world of Environmental testing. Eventually, they added Microbiological testing as well. As this evolution gradually took place, the need for a name change came into play. Thus, the switch from A&L Agricultural Laboratories, Inc., to A&L Analytical Laboratories, Inc. in order to reflect the variety of testing services available.
Present day A&L continues to provide dependable, accurate services. This is due largely to a solid team of well trained individuals who take great pride in providing quality service to our customers.
Our mission is to provide the most accurate, timely and dependable results and to make the needs of our customers the number one priority. We are constantly watching for ways to improve our processes and to implement new scientific concepts and standards as they develop. Our vision is to be the ONE SOURCE for all our customers testing needs. We build our business through giving our customers great service. A&L Laboratories is focused on continuing to be one of the best performing laboratories in North America. Our team of well trained individuals are committed to delivering exceptional results.
Our team values are excellence, innovation, passion, dependability, integrity and communication.
- Excellence; We provide accurate and high quality results.
- Innovation; We are creatively innovative in our processes and delivery.
- Passion; We are passionate about our service and the success of our customers.
- Dependability; We focus on being the testing service our customers can depend on. We accept responsibility and make good business decisions through experience and good judgement.
- Integrity; We are honest in our dealing and do not compromise the truth.
- Communication; We value the opinions and views of our team members and encourage open communication.