Ag Implements is a family owned agricultural machinery business with its foundations firmly grounded in the eastern wheat-belt of Western Australia. With the demise of ‘Carson’s of Merredin’ (part of the Agro Holding group) in 2001, Merredin and surrounding areas were left with no John Deere dealer, nor service for their existing machines. Local farmer and business man, John Nicoletti identified the gap in sales and service in the area and commenced negotiations with John Deere Limited. A commitment was made to establish a new dealership in Merredin - and ‘Ag Implements Merredin’ (AIM) was born. In April 2003 AIM moved operations from rented facilities, into new premises at East Barrack Street in Merredin and subsequently evolved into the ‘state of the art’ dealership which you see today - operating out of offices, workshops and storage facilities covering over 20,000 square metres in the Merredin dealership alone.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
In November 2004, the business grew with the acquisition of 'Mukinbudin Tractor and Implement' providing a springboard into the central wheat-belt.
In May 2008 the AIM group purchased 'Avon Tractor & Implement' – providing two new John Deere dealerships in Northam and Cunderdin. This decision further increased the AIM footprint into the western wheat-belt and Avon Valley.
2009 was another expansion year with two new acquisitions to improve service and reliability for our customers in the eastern wheat belt. An allied industries business in Southern Cross was purchased in July, followed by the purchase of a further John Deere dealership – 'Aquip Machinery' (Narembeen) in October.
In September 2013, the company opened a new branch in Kulin in order to increase its presence in this area, and provide a better support for its customers.
Ag Implements now employs 90 local staff in 7 locations. We service over 30,000 square kilometers in 20 shires and consider ourselves to be long term service providers to rural Western Australia.
The management team with John Nicoletti (Owner and Managing Director), Ross Withers (CEO/ CFO) and Graeme Pember (Dealer Principal) is committed to innovative and customer drive service to wheat-belt communities, not only in the form of sales and service of John Deere farm equipment, but also in providing training and long term employment in our rural communities.
- Integrity We believe in long term, responsible, fair and transparent relations with our employees, customers, partners, shareholders, and the community. This means good business for us. We shall operate our business affairs to the letter and spirit of the Law and our actions must be ethical every time. Acting ethically and honorably wins loyalty from our customers.
- Service excellence is more than what we provide, it’s how we think and act It’s not just “fixing a problem” or performing routine maintenance, it’s the “smile” in the voice on the phone, the prompt response to a request and the drive to always improve. It’s how we work with one another and how we work with our customers. We analyze requirements and meet them with solutions and actions that benefit our customers most. We believe that service excellence begins with each employee’s commitment to improve the things—no matter how small—that are in their control. By keeping an “at your service” attitude and striving to exceed our customers’ and each other’s expectations, we are working hard to become a benchmark for superior service—not just in WA, but in Australia.
- Health & Safety for our Staff All Staff of Ag Implements have the right to a safe and healthy work environment. To achieve our vision, the prevention of injury or illness is of the foremost importance in all of the AG Implements Activities. It is committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of its employees, and others by eliminating and reducing hazards that could result in injury or ill health; implementing initiatives that improve the welfare of its employees; and by increasing awareness of workplace safety
- Customer oriented A customer centric organization and operating structure to improve customer experience and support them before, during and after sales.
- People The foundation of our vision of service excellence is built on the dedication of our people and sealed with a commitment to exceed customer expectations.
- Accountability Employees are expected to take responsibility for their actions and decisions. They should think and act like owners.
- Passion & dedication Our customers put their heart into their work, and so do we in ours. This means working with passion. We are convinced that only with enthusiasm and commitment the best results are achieved.