griEnergy Resources in 1988. Dave’s mission and goal was to develop Renewable Farming systems and assist with their implementation for healthier soils producing balanced, high-nutrient-density plants resulting in healthier livestock and people. Since its beginnings, AgriEnergy Resources has established itself as a pioneer in the practice of Renewable Farming. Our system grew from Dave Larson’s desire to reduce input costs and raise yields and profits in his own operation. Using conventional farming techniques only resulted in more compacted, depleted soil, and a cycle of adding more chemicals and fertilizers while yields declined. He was determined to find the answer for a soil that was out of balance, and lacking microbial life. What followed was a period of intense experimentation in three principle areas of soil stewardship: air and water, residue, and fertilizer management.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
Over the years, we have heard countless success stories from our customers about the advantages of the AgriEnergy Resources approach to agriculture. Here are a few advantages of the AgriEnergy Resources system:
- Lower purchased nitrogen requirements.
- Less primary tillage needed to create an excellent seedbed.
- Lower drying costs (corn raised on biologically active soils is 2 points dryer out of the field on average).
- Lower herbicide costs, as weed pressure recedes as soils come into balance.
- Less water needed when irrigating, as soil moisture holding capacity rises with humus content.
- Higher quality grains and other crops, with better keeping characteristics.
- Higher nutrient density, with more vitamins and minerals. This shows up when farmers feed their own crops.
- Lower populations of molds on harvested grain.
- Better access to niche markets, among users who want quality.
Although Dave has passed on, his vision and mission are alive and well. AgriEnergy Resources is still a family business, now owned by the Aley family of Tiffin, Ohio and Princeton, Illinois. AgriEnergy Resources continues to serve farmers in both the United States and abroad, with fertility programs that have dramatically improved crops and soils. The facility that Dave built in Princeton, IL still serves as our corporate headquarters. Today, AgriEnergy Resources offers state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, support facilities, corporate offices, as well as nearly 240 acres of farmland, all dedicated to Renewable Farming research.