Alberta Agricultural Economics Association (AAEA)
The Alberta Agricultural Economics Association (AAEA) was formed in 1984 and is comprised of individuals with an interest in the Agricultural Economy of Alberta. The AAEA brings together Alberta`s Agri-Industry professionals and the sector`s leaders from across the industry. Participation in the AAEA is the forum for those working in the different sectors of our Agri-Industry throughout Alberta for the focussed interaction and exchange of ideas on economic, social, and environmental issues which are at the forefront of this industry and the Alberta economy`s sustainable future.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
Objectives of our Association
- To provide avenues for continuing education and professional development.
- To provide an opportunity for communication among those interested in the agricultural and food sector.
- To encourage research and dissemination of research results and other information relating to Alberta's rural economy.
- To provide a forum for the discussion of issues affecting the agri-food sector, and the rural economy in Alberta at large.
- To promote academic study and scholarship on issues related to agriculture, food and resource economics.
- Involvement and contact with a wide cross section of Alberta's agri-industry practising professionals and business decision makers.
- An annual spring AAEA Visions Conference to meet with members, industry leaders and others to exchange ideas and points of view.
- Regional seminars, luncheons and workshops.
- An AAEA membership contact list updated annually.