The Alberta Agricultural Economics Association (AAEA) was formed in 1984 and is comprised of individuals with an interest in the Agricultural Economy of Alberta. The AAEA brings together Alberta`s Agri-Industry professionals and the sector`s leaders from across the industry. Participation in the AAEA is the forum for those working in the different sectors of our Agri-Industry throughout Alberta for the focussed interaction and exchange of ideas on economic, social, and environmental issues which are at the forefront of this industry and the Alberta economy`s sustainable future.
Objectives of our Association
- To provide avenues for continuing education and professional development.
- To provide an opportunity for communication among those interested in the agricultural and food sector.
- To encourage research and dissemination of research results and other information relating to Alberta's rural economy.
- To provide a forum for the discussion of issues affecting the agri-food sector, and the rural economy in Alberta at large.
- To promote academic study and scholarship on issues related to agriculture, food and resource economics.
- Involvement and contact with a wide cross section of Alberta's agri-industry practising professionals and business decision makers.
- An annual spring AAEA Visions Conference to meet with members, industry leaders and others to exchange ideas and points of view.
- Regional seminars, luncheons and workshops.
- An AAEA membership contact list updated annually.