Appareo Systems is a recognized leader in the custom development and manufacture of low-cost innovative avionic solutions for original equipment manufacturers. Through the creative application of cutting-edge technologies, the company creates complex end-to-end solutions that include both airborne and ground station components. Appareo offers turn-key services from product conceptualization through attainment of STC. In addition, the company is an accredited FAA Parts Manufacturing facility and is ISO 9001:2008 certified. Appareo’s innovations have been lauded by industry associations, independent media outlets, university programs and a rapidly growing customer base – we have truly charted new territory in flight safety by bringing innovative products designed for light and legacy aircraft to a market where none have existed in the past.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
Appareo is a recognized leader in the custom design, development and manufacture of innovative electronic and software solutions for original equipment manufacturers, as well as direct-to-market consumer products. Through the creative application of cutting-edge technologies, we create complex end-to-end solutions that include both mobile and cloud-based components in a variety of industries.
With our talented engineers, we encourage risk taking, tolerate failure, and reward success in order to foster a culture of innovation.
- Improve the lives and careers of our people
- Act with honesty and integrity
- Encourage risk taking and tolerate failure
- Push the boundaries of what is possible
- Relentlessly pursue quality
- Contribute to community and society
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers – AE50 Award for Seed Hawk’s iCon wireless control system 2015
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers – AE50 Award for Seed Hawk’s precision seed meter 2015
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers – AE50 Award for CDS-John Blue’s liquid blockage monitor 2014
- Flying Magazine – Editors’ Choice award for the second-generation Stratus ADS-B receiver 2013Flying_EditorsChoice_2013_thumb
- Flying Magazine – Editors’ Choice award for the first-generation Stratus ADS-B receiver 2012
- Canada’s Farm Progress – Sterling Innovation Award 2012
- Inc 500Inc. Magazine – Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies in the nation. Appareo was #159 overall and the #1 fastest growing engineering company in the country 2011
- National Business Incubator Association – 2010
- SAFE Association – M.P. Koch award, in recognition of those who have made significant contributions in the advancement of hardware for safety and survival applications 2008
- American Helicopter Association – Harry T. Jensen award for outstanding contributions to helicopter safety and reliability 2008
- Aviation Week & Space Technology – Product Breakthrough of the Year given to the ALERTS system 2007
How it all began
Barry BatchellerAppareo was founded in 2003 by Barry Batcheller, our CEO. Batcheller’s innovation, enthusiasm, and deep understanding of emerging technologies set the tone for Appareo to stride forward in our quest to help our customers be game changers in their industries.
Appareo has grown to employ more than 180 people across three locations, with an in-house manufacturing facility that is fully-equipped for prototyping and production such as SMT (ISO 9001:2008 Certified), Selective Solder, Router, Programming and MDA equipment for PCBAs.
Appareo has become the U.S. industry leader in general aviation weather and traffic radio receivers. We supply avionics and flight safety devices to many of the world’s largest OEMs and operators. In addition, we design and manufacture electronics (controls, sensors, and display systems) for agricultural and construction OEMs.
The technologies developed by Appareo have been utilized in a variety of industries, including aerospace, agriculture, aviation (fixed wing and rotorcraft), defense and transportation.
The companies we’ve worked with have become game changers in their industries. Take a look at some of the technologies we’re experts in, and think about how we could help you become a game changer in your industry.
- Inertial systems/AHRS
- GPS/location services
- iPad control systems
- Motor controls
- Optics/camera systems
- Radio receivers/transmitters
- Rugged packaging
- Electro-optic sensors
- Electromechancial sensors
- Kinematic sensors
- MEMS-based sensors