Encouraged by Petfood customers to work on palatants for aquafeed, Diana started building its new aquaculture division in 2006 and decided to bring in all the successful foundations and core values that had made Diana a world leader in organoleptic and nutritional solutions based on natural ingredients dedicated to Food, Pet Food, Nutraceuticals and Cosmetics industries. A PhD in fish nutrition was hired as head of R&D and he rapidly set up a unique testing center where all products performances could be verified and accurately evaluated. AQUATIV was born. AQUATIV obviously inherited Diana’s expert knowledge in hydrolysis and applied new cutting edge technologies to develop controlled hydrolysis process for marine based co-products raw materials.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Agriculture - Aquaculture
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for environmental applications.
Please, visit their profile in environmental-expert.com for more info.
Since then, we have been developing a wide range of functional hydrolysates (liquid or powder) able to bring functionality to the feed,improving the overall health status of the animal and increasing the productivity at the farm.
AQUATIV has built up a team entirely dedicated to aquaculture, including fish and shrimp nutritionists, health specialist and veterinarians to deliver the most performing ingredients to the aquaculture industry.
Belonging to Diana, part of Symrise AG, AQUATIV creates and offers a unique and sustainable range of marine based functional hydrolysates to Aquafeed manufacturers seeking highly enhanced feed performances.
Our solid industrial development supported by the most efficient, secure and sustainable raw material supply allow us to produce and market a unique range of highly standardized, safe and performing functional hydrolysates in liquids and powders; obtained from the freshest and most sustainable marine raw materials sources one can possibly find.
Our dedicated GMP qualified production facilities are located in South East Asia, South America and Europe with raw materials ranging from co-products of krill, squid, tilapia, shrimp, and tuna.
From raw materials to process elaboration, from product development to production, from R&D to sales ingredients sourcing, this is a team of more than 70 people that are dedicated to delivering results to the aquaculture industry.
- Business Ambition: Be the worldwide reference for natural and sustainable bioactive solutions for aqua feed and aquaculture
- Aquativ Vision: Sustain aqua farming productivity thanks to better feed functionalities therefore a better animal health
- Aquativ Mission: Offer natural bioactive solutions for aqua feed
AQUATIV unique and complete range of functional hydrolysates increase feed and fish/shrimp performance through a unique combination of health, nutritional and feed intake benefits, all supported by our strong commitment to the aquaculture industry !
- Efficiently outweight FISH MEAL SUBSTITUTION drawbacks
- Offset fishmeal quality variation
- INCREASE feed protein DIGESTIBILITY and therefore :
- Substantially increase growth and feed conversion rates on farm
- Reduce farm wastes due to better N and P uptake
- Formulate efficient feeds for early life stages where digestive capacities are limited
- Enhance the protein life cycle of seafood protein since all our hydrolysates are obtained from fisheries or aquaculture co-products. This is a major achievement with regards to SUSTAINABLE SOURCING of quality marine proteins and a great step towards reducing the “fish in – fish out” (FIFO) ratio of the aquaculture industry
Not only do AQUATIV hydrolysates contain a complete blend of purified bioactive peptides, but there marine origin also make our ingredients a source of other valuable and highly bioavailable low molecular weight compounds such as nucleotides or taurine, adding to the presence of interesting lipids.
Their incorporation to the feed lead to :
- Naturally enhancing the animals immune status and thus its disease resistance
- Naturally increase anti-oxydative and anti microbial defenses
- The preservation of gut health through a trophic effect of enterocytes and gut microbiota
- Naturally decreased stress thanks to their opioid effect