Our company family owned and operated since 1957 is located at 45 Slack Road Nepean, Ontario. We are an authorized dealer of most top brand manufacturers of landscaping and lawn equipment. At B&T MacFARLANE we understand your need for high performance power equipment and knowledgeable staff, that is why we currently employ twenty highly trained professionals.
The company started in January of 1957 as MacFarlane Farm Supplies in the township of Nepean. The business was located on the 200-acre farm of R.B. (Bruce) MacFarlane on Capilano drive. The original farmhouse is still there and is known as Nelson House. The company started as a Massey Harris dealership sellng and servicing MF AG as well as MF light industrial equipment. Bruce's son W.T. (Terry) started to work in the business at an early age after school and on weekends. In 1972, the company needed to expand its facilities, so it moved down Merivale road to its current location at 45 Slack Road. The company also changed its name to B&T MacFarlane Ottawa Limited at this time. The ownership remained the same as R.B. (Bruce) MacFarlane as president. At the same time as the move, the company started to market the Kubota tractor line, which has become the largest part of our current business.
As the city grew around the current location, the company's focus changed from pursuing the agricultural market to concentrating more on the construction and landscape market. The company also did a large business with CIDA and other government agencies exporting MF tractors all over the world during the 70's and 80's. In 1987 W.T.(Terry) MacFarlane officially took over the business from his father R.B.(Bruce). Terry had basically been running the business for some time so this was a smooth transition. Terry's son W.B. (Bruce) MacFarlane started part time with B&T back in 1982 at the age of 15 starting in the parts department. Bruce started full time in 1990 after graduating from Carleton University with a degree in Economics. Terry's other son C.A. (Chris) MacFarlane started full time in 1987 in the service department and now in sales and service. Terry's wife Susan has been with the company since the early 80's taking care of A/R. The company currently employs twenty people, some of which have been with B&T for twenty-two years.