Bader Bros. Inc. is a retail dealership in northeast Michigan carrying the Polaris and BRP brands of ATVs, side by sides, and snowmobiles. Bader Bros. Inc. also sells and services Cub Cadet lawn equipment and STIHL brand chain saws and trimmers.
Bader Bros. Inc. has a long history of serving the farming community. With locations in Reese, Birch Run, Saginaw, and Hillman, the authorized John Deere dealer (except Hillman) served not only Tuscola county, but Saginaw, Bay, Genesee, and Alpena counties.
Charles Bader, a Reese area farmer, acquired the dealership in 1934 after the death of Sam Burrill in 1933. With the addition of his sons in 1947 Harry, Henry, and James, the company name changed after 13 years from Chas. Bader Implements to Chas. Bader and Sons. When James opened a separate store in Sandusky Mi. in 1960, the name changed again after 13 years to Bader Bros. Inc.
In 1974, a second dealership was built in Birch Run to better serve Bader Bros Inc. expanding customer area. Computerization was added in 1988 with on-line hook-up with the Birch Run office, making Bader Bros. Inc. an even stronger dealership. At that time a second story was added to the Reese dealership. This allowed space for four offices, an employee lunchroom, and a computer room. In 1990, a 5000 square foot addition was built on to the main building at Reese which provided more service area.
Bader Brothers acquired the former Burger Sales on Bay Road in Saginaw in the spring of 2003 and opened their third dealership. In May 2006, a 3600 sq. ft. addition was constructed to allow for more service capacity at the Saginaw location. A complete makeover took place in late 2007 at the Birch Run store, swapping the sales area with the parts department and adding handicap accessible restrooms.
In December 2007 Bader Bros. Inc. acquired the former Case dealership in Hillman Michigan making this the fourth store in the Bader Brothers group. The building is located on M32, just two miles west of M65. A 40' x 60' addition for retail and parts display was added, making this fully handicap accessible. This location served Alpena county and all of northeastern Michigan with agricultural service. John Deere parts were not available on the shelf there, however this was a John Deere parts drop-off location with parts being delivered from our Reese location twice a week. We had the Massey contract for Hillman and we were stocking the Massey Ferguson line of tractors. Also available at Hillman were White planters, Hesston hay tools, and Sunflower tillage equipment, as well as AGCO's full line of parts for older Minne-Mo, Oliver, and White tractors.
In 2009 we celebrated our 75th anniversary with an open house at our Reese and Birch Run locations. We had over 40 two-cylinder tractors on display brought in by our customers that day. Many old pictures were on display, including the original John Deere contracts issued to Sam Burrill in 1933 and Charles Bader in 1934. From the original 66' wide lot in 1934 to the present full line John Deere Farm, Lawn, and Garden Equipment dealership with four locations, the Bader Brothers stores have been known for their fair pricing and good service.
On November 1, 2010 our 3 John Deere locations were sold to a neighboring dealer and the Hillman location was closed due to a non-compete agreement. While this was a hard and emotional decision to make, continued pressure from our major supplier for dealership consolidations forced us to take this action.
We miss our loyal customers and employees from the Saginaw-Reese-Birch Run areas but we are very proud of our accomplishments and contributions to the communities we served in the past. We are excited to once again be open at our HILLMAN location. Our product lines include Cub Cadet, Stihl, Hiniker snow plows, and Polaris snomobiles, ATV's, and side-by-sides. Our technicians are trained to repair not only our brands but other brands of outdoor power equipment. We also repair many types of boat motors. Please stop in soon to see us at our Hillman location. We are just two miles west of M65 on M32.