The General Confederation of Italian Agriculture – Confagricoltura It is the organization that represents and protects Italian agricultural enterprises . it acknowledges the leading role of agricultural entrepreneurs in the establishment and development, both economic, technological and social, of Italian agriculture and agricultural businesses. Confagricoltura is present on the ground across the Italian territory through regional federations (19), local offices and town representatives (2,143), sectorial federations (to which provincial and sectorial unions refer) and product federations (which coordinate local product offices). The organization is based in Rome, in the historical palace “Della Valle”. it is also active in Bruxelles, with its liaison office, and in other countries of the European Community. It also deals with matters related to young and elderly agricultural entrepreneurs, who are represented, within the organization, by ANGA and the National Union of Pensioners.
- Agricultural enterprises that employ outside workforce: 145,200;
- Owner-run agricultural enterprises – self-employed workers: 222,000
- Other businesses (outsourcers, landscaping, grantors in share-cropping, on share tenancy and bailors of cattle in agistment): 301,000
This represents above 45% of the overall forest and agriculture gross production (47 billion euros in total), and of its value added (27 billion euros), which represents 38.5% (5 million hectare – 12 355 270 acre) of SAU - Utilized Agricultural Area (13 million hectare - 32 123 670 acre). The associated enterprises that employ outside workforce represent two thirds of the businesses and employ more than 500,000 workers.
Confagricoltura holds representatives in CNEL (National Council of Economy and Labour) and in all the institutions, both national and international, which are directly and indirectly linked to agriculture. It is also actively involved in concertation meetings between trade unions and the government. It stipulates National Labour agreements for workers, employees, managers, besides National Labour agreements for landscaping workers.
Confagricoltura is part of COPA – European Agricultural Union, GEOPA – Employers’ Group of Professional Agricultural Organizations, and CES (EESC – European Economic and Social Committee).
Confagricoltura supports agricultural businesses that aim at quality and technological innovation, both for procedures and products. It works towards the development of Italian agriculture, primary sector of national economy from which both the collectivity, the environment and the territory can benefit. It promotes agriculture and agricultural businesses as key elements for the recovery of Italian economy.
- Confagricoltura, with its presence on the ground, is the representative organization of the most dynamic, organized and resourceful Italian agricultural enterprises.
Confagricoltura, within all the representative associations, is the most innovative and offers a great quantity and quality of services, aiming at innovation as a tool for mutual exchange between the association itself and the territory:
- Innovation in the manner of working
- Innovation in the manner of communicating
- Innovation in the enterprises
COOPERATION WITH THE TERRITORY
Confagricoltura wishes to work on and with the territory with a combined effort, in order to provide associated enterprises with protection, constantly updated sectorial information and excellent innovative services.
Confindustria is aware of the necessity, for its associated enterprises, to own and share the know-how which they need to be competitive nation and worldwide. Therefore, it works to make this exchange constantly possible.
HOW TO REALIZE OUR MISSION
- By welcoming the demands of agriculturists and addressing them to institutions, by working towards a simplification of legal procedures.
- Through a constant exchange with the territory, also operated by employing our new web platform which allows a greater interaction towards common solutions.