We are Dairy Management Systems, a leading specialist Health & Safety and Human Resource Consultancy established to assist Dairy Farmers. Our aim is to help you; firstly, to reduce the likelihood of injury or death by implementing practical risk reduction measures, and secondly, to allow you to demonstrate that you have complied with the law and taken all reasonable measures in reducing risk to staff, contractors and visitors. We have a broad range of clients, from small farms to large farms, and from our offices based in Cambridgeshire and Oxfordshire we are able to deliver our services throughout the whole of the UK. If you are concerned about farm safety or human resource issues then we can help you.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
The Dairy Management Systems team has been operating since 2003, started by an insurance broker and a farmer who were concerned about agriculture’s poor record in health and safety. The industry had seen an increase in mortality rates, in terms of outright deaths, and was being scrutinised ever more carefully by the Government in the guise of the HSE.
Dairy Management Systems’s aim was always to become the premier provider of H&S and HR services to farming, and independent sources have subsequently verified that those objectives have been achieved.
The system that we provide was created from scratch back in 2003 and has been built upon and perfected over time. It is now a comprehensive system that demonstrates simply to the farming client where their liabilities and weaknesses lie in relation to health and safety. Further, it gives a concise but simple action plan that focuses on practical things to do rather than just producing reams of paper. Though our competitors do provide plenty of paper, none do so in such a plain and simple way or back up their system with practical help and support throughout the process. Our constant commitment to supporting you and the system from day one into the future builds strong relationships. It ensures that what you purchased in year one never goes out of date but evolves with your business and becomes part of your business culture; it’s really that powerful!
Our values are important to us. These are the shared values, principles and behaviour that we follow in providing a high quality service and commitment to our work.
WE ACT WITH INTEGRITY AND SHOW RESPECT
• Demonstrate a commitment to integrity and ethics.
• Speak positively and supportively about team members when apart.
• Listen to others for understanding and assume positive intent.
WE ARE ALL ACCOUNTABLE
• Accept personal accountability for our own actions and results.
• Focus on finding solutions and achieving results, rather than making excuses or placing blame.
• Actively engage in discussions and support decisions once they are made.
• Involve others in decisions and plans that affect them.
• Keep promises and commitments made to others.
• Personally commit to the success and well being of team-mates.
WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR BUSINESS AND OUR BRAND
• Promote a positive, energising and optimistic environment.
• Promote and implement creative and innovative ideas and solutions.
• Aggressively promote and protect our reputation.
WE HAVE THE HUMILITY AND HUNGER TO LEARN
• Display openness and curiosity to learn.
• Solicit and provide honest feedback without regard to position.
• Personally commit to continuous improvement.
WE LOVE SUCCESS
• Achieve results and celebrate when we do.
• Help people to be their best by providing coaching and feedback.
• Work with others as a team to accomplish results.
• Have a “can-do” attitude and drive to get the job done.
• Make people feel valued and appreciated.
• Make the tough calls.
WE STRIVE FOR SIMPLICITY
• Stop processes, procedures and activities that slow us down or do not add value.
• Work across organisational boundaries/levels and break down internal barriers.
• Deal with people and issues directly and avoid hidden agendas.