We are a third generation single store farm equipment dealer. Located in Bancroft, a town of 800 in North Central Iowa, we are in the heart of corn and soybean country. Many hogs and cattle are also raised in our area, known as the prairie pothole region, which extends north into Minnesota and the Dakotas. North Central Iowa was flatter and wetter than other areas and has extensive tiling and drainage ditches to enable our farmers to grow consistently good crops.
The dealership was established in 1936 on main street Bancroft by our grandfather Albert Deitering. On March 1, 1966, Tom and Dick Deitering purchased Deitering Implement from Albert and changed the name to Deitering Brothers. The Oliver Corp. franchise was then added to the dealership. Popular tractors sold by Deitering Brothers at that time were the Oliver 1650's and 1850's.
In 1969, the dealership moved to the outskirts of town. The original building in the new location was 9,600 square feet and was expanded once in 1974 to about 20,000 square feet and again in the summer of 2007 to the present building of approximately 35,000 square feet.
The addition in 2007 expanded our service department 11,000 square feet and our parts and sales department by 4,000 square feet
We strive to carry on the tradition of fair and honest dealings with good product support, and we look forward to many more years with our fine customers. Come in and take a look at how we've grown in order to serve you better.