DeLaval is a world leader in the dairy farming industry, providing integrated milking solutions designed to improve dairy farmers’ production, animal welfare and overall quality of life. The company develops, manufactures and markets equipment and complete systems for milk production and animal husbandry worldwide. Service and sales of a wide range of accessories are also key aspects of DeLaval’s operations. The company supplies highly efficient system solutions for milking, herd management, animal traffic control, feeding, cooling, manure handling, ventilation and energy recovery.
We’re a group of over four and a half thousand passionate professionals operating in more than 100 markets across the globe. We work closely with our customers and dealers in partnership to realise our vision of making sustainable food production possible.
DeLaval offers automatic and conventional milking systems, cooling and feeding systems, effluent & housing systems and farm management support systems. DeLaval customers can also choose from a wide range of services and consumables which are grouped in four portfolios: liners & tubes, farm supplies, services & original parts, and milk quality & animal health.
More and more dairy farmers are turning to technology to ensure they can optimise their milk production and cows’ well-being. At DeLaval, we add value by meeting and exceeding our customers’ requirements on quality, productivity and safety. We design, manufacture and supply integrated milking solutions with the needs of dairy farmers in mind. At all times. We serve customers in more than 100 countries around the globe.
Research and innovation
Research and innovation are central to the continued success of DeLaval supporting our customers and we have seven R&D centres across the globe. We work closely with a worldwide network of farmers, academics, dedicated research facilities, scientists, sales teams and authorised dealers.
Sustainable dairy farming
Our goal is to reduce the environmental footprint of farms, while improving milk production, farm profitability and the well-being of the people and animals involved. We believe the goal of Sustainable Dairy Farming can be achieved by supporting dairy farmers with smart technology and services to continuously increase resource efficiency on farms. To put it another way, we support them to do more with less.
Company statistics in brief
- Employees: 4,600+
- Local sales organisations: 35
- Manufacturing units: 18
- Number of factories: 19
- Sales offices: 34
- Markets covered: 100+
- Research and development units: 3
- Mobile shops and delivery trucks: 700+
- Net annual sales: 1 billion EUR
Our vision is to make sustainable food production possible. We support our customers in reducing their environmental footprint while improving food production, profitability and the well-being of the people and animals involved.
- We team up with customers for results that last.
- From our leading position in dairy farming, we innovate and expand in new segments and new geographies.
- We provide integrated solutions and ensure that everywhere we
do business, we lead.
- We exist for the customer, around the clock.
DeLaval's core values are built on four key principles. These are:
- We share a passion for delivering customer value.
- We are proud of our heritage and our success.
- From our leading position in dairy farming, we expand our business with passion.
- This passion distinguishes us from other companies
- We have the ability and are trusted to make decisions within our area of responsibility.
- We build our success on competence and constantly invest in personal development.
- We share our knowledge, support each other and enjoy being part of a team.
- We encourage diversity and appreciate the creativity that comes from a mix of cultures, gender, sexual orientation, religions, experiences and personalities.
- We are part of a global network.
- We deliver quality in everything we do.
- We have clear responsibilities and fulfill our commitments.
- We listen, learn, innovate and constantly improve.
- We are proud of who we are and humbly reflect this through our attitude and behaviour.
- We stay true to our values.
- Our customers, their needs and expectations, are the starting point for everything we do.
- Our dealers are business partners with whom we jointly deliver customer values.
- DeLaval employees, our dealers and customers partner for long-term business results.