Evergreen Farm Oy is the most advanced and efficient Climate-Controlled Hydroponics Facility, based on our patented Direct Feed Vertical Hydroponic system. We offer a reliable year-round output, as well as the ability to produce in-demand non-native vegetables at extremely affordable prices. Our DFVH (Direct Feed Vertical Hydroponic) system is not only cost-effective, saves land area and manpower, but also maximizes production and improves produce quality.
Evergreen Farm Oy’s mission is to fundamentally transform agriculture by implementing a technologically advanced and easy-to-use DFVH system throughout the world. Thus, improving crop production while encouraging responsible, innovative farming methods that protect the environment and educate the community.
Our aim is to make fresh, healthy, delicious, non-GMO and chemical and pesticide-free food accessible to everyone. While doing so, we also aim to improve the quality of life of local communities by providing job opportunities and a platform for growth and education.
We also aspire to change the face of the world food market to make chemical free, pesticide free and non-GMO the new norm.
Near Term Goals
To expand the use of this technology to produce all other crops including grains and cereals, which are equally important in the food chain. This will create an even bigger impact on resolving world’s food crises.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
Given that achieving sustainability is at the core of Evergreen Farm’s values, detailed consideration was given to resources utilization e.g. energy consumption, water recycling, nutrients lifecycle analysis and overall system’s efficiency.
- Growing medium: sustainably harvested peat moss is used as the growing substrate as it combines many physical, chemical and biological characteristics that make it an outstanding growing medium.
- Nutrients: our organically certified fertilizers are obtained from recycled and recovered organic material.
- Zero-waste: the recovered biomass will be fed into a biodigester for the production of methane. The organic nutrients and leftover mulch will be used to produce organic baskets, eliminating the need for plastic ones, therefore reducing fossil fuel dependency, GHG emission, and waste.
- Energy efficiency: a revolutionary patent-pending lighting technology with no heat production will provide illumination with the most appropriate wavelengths for each specific crop. This highly efficient technology consumes 10 times less energy than conventional LED Systems.
- Renewable energy: 100% electric grid independence can be achieved through the use of our patented cost-effective solar & wind technology. Our solar and wind collector brilliantly integrates solar thermal, solar PV and wind energy in a single compact and efficient structure to provide renewable and clean energy, for electricity and water heating.