East West began in 1982 with the goal of blending European style seedsmanship with Asian tropical vegetables. We were convinced that by introducing intensive breeding programs to developing vegetable seed markets we could improve the lives of farmers while building a successful business. Our hard work has paid off by significantly raising industry standards for all vegetable seeds. After introducing the first hybrid vegetable seeds in Asia, we have become a market leader by selling premium quality hybrid and open pollinated seeds for all major tropical vegetable crops. Farmers who use our seeds understand the compelling fact that our premium seeds will earn them premium prices for their improved crops. Our strategy is based on breeding appropriate varieties by living and working in the markets we serve. From our early work in the Philippines, we have expanded to include breeding programs in Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, India and China.
Our reputation as producers of excellent varieties reaches even beyond Asia, to Europe and North America where we provide seeds to Asian vegetable producers demanding authentic and high quality vegetables for Asian cuisines.
Our success has come from a unique blend of strengths.
We have one of the best tropical Asian vegetable germplasm collections in the world, which helps our creative group of international breeders develop superior varieties. But we also have a unique approach to market development and assisting farmers.
Through our network of field representatives we understand firsthand the challenges farmers face, and promote innovative, problem-solving cultivation techniques. This hands-on exchange of knowledge promotes the success of both our farmer-customers and our business.
Championing Farmers, Growing their capacity
- Being the farmers best friend
- Listening closely to them
- Understanding their needs
- Being flexible and adaptable in working with them
- Offering them our best solutions to improve their income
- Delivering quality in everything that we do
Learning and Innovation
Cultivating Ideas, Harvesting Innovation
- Being excited about research
- Exploring new approaches
- Building the environment for creativity
- Anticipating and adapting to continual change
- Learning and applying new technology
- Continually searching for improvement
- Generating novel, innovative, and relevant solutions
Personal Growth and Fulfillment
Nurturing Careers, Achieving Fulfillment
- Serving a greater purpose in our jobs
- Enjoying teamwork with competent colleagues
- Protecting the organization's resources
- Discovering our unique strengths
- Finding the right role in the organization
- Developing our capabilities seeking opportunities to learn and grow
- Building open communication and trust
- Relishing challenges
- Having fun at work
- Caring for others
- Encouraging their efforts
- Recognizing their progress
- Celebrating our achievements