Giltrap AgriZone is a major supplier of tractors and farm machinery in the Waikato and central North Island. Giltrap AgriZone is locally owned and operated and we pride ourselves on world-class service for farmers and agricultural contractors. We have supplied top quality farm machinery, parts and service for over 50 years.
- We are one of the largest agricultural dealerships in New Zealand.
- Our branches are located in Otorohanga, Cambridge and Rotorua.
- Our Otorohanga branch covers the Otorohanga, South Te Awamutu, Pirongia, Kawhia, Raglan, Pio Pio and Taumarunui areas.
- Our Cambridge branch covers the Cambridge, North Te Awamutu, Hamilton, Morrinsville, Matamata, Putaruru and Tirau areas
- Our Rotorua branch covers the Rotorua, Taupo, Tokoroa, Reporoa, Turangi, Mangakino, Atiamuri areas.
- Selling new and used tractors, mowers, balers, spreaders, feeders and a wide range of other farm machinery.
The Giltrap family has been involved in the Otorohanga area for over 75 years and four generations.
- In 1959 Wilfred Giltrap (Dealer Principal Andrew Giltrap’s father) started an engineering shop making gates and trailers at home on the farm near Otorohanga.
- In 1969 Wilfred shifted the business to Otorohanga, where Giltrap Engineering became an internationally renowned, agricultural design and engineering company.
- In 1984 Andrew started work in the family business and a retail division was established soon after.
- In the early 1990s the Giltrap family company split into two divisions - Giltrap Engineering and Giltrap Farm Machinery. Giltrap Farm Machinery (now trading as Giltrap AgriZone) focuses solely on tractor and agricultural equipment, sales and service.
- In 2001 the purpose-built Otorohanga headquarters were opened.
- In 2009 a second branch at Cambridge was added.
- In 2011 the company committed fully to Case IH as its major brand. Giltrap AgriZone supplies tractors ranging from 25-600 hp and complements these with harvesting and other machinery. Giltrap AgriZone is responsible for 40% of all Case IH sales in New Zealand.
- In 2012 Giltrap Agrizone opened a third branch in Rotorua to service the Taupo and Rotorua central North Island areas.
Andrew's philosophy means:
- Comprehensive sales of a large range of machinery, parts and accessories.
- Skilled, professional servicing of tractors and farm machinery.
- Serious investment in staff and tools to service the greater Waikato and Central North Island regions.
- Friendly sales staff committed to customer service, experienced in operating machinery and familiar with agricultural practices.
- A million dollar investment in the parts department.
- The latest technology and computerised systems, including Sigma computer dyno equipment.
Giltrap AgriZone deals in premium brands such as Case IH, Kuhn and Lely, plus reputable NZ manufacturers like Giltrap Engineering, Hustler, Fairbrother and Aitchison.
Case IH (in existence since 1842) is our main brand and one that we are proud to bring to the Waikato and Central North Island regions. We have tractors ranging from 20-600 hp and complement these with harvesting and other machinery. CNH Global, the manufacturer of Case IH, is part of the Fiat Group. We have had an association with Fiat since 1970.