The Hidrogood Modern Horticulture designs and manufactures equipment for horticulture focused on produtivity in hydroponic system for over 18 years, high quality products and strong technical support. Besides Brazil and Portugal their sales extend to Argentina, Uruguay, Suriname, Slovenia, Puerto Rico, Spain and Angola while new contacts are being made to the United States, Mexico, Costa Rica and Venezuela. We receive visitors from all over the world who come in search of high quality and low cost technology, confirming that our country is not technologically lagged in this area, but rather is ahead of what is being developed worldwide.
Hidrogood Portugal emerges as representative of Hidrogood Modern Horticulture in the European and African markets.
This representation is intended to continue the work carried out by the 1st Brazilian Company to develop and manufacture specialized equipment for hydroponic systems.
The Hidrogood Modern Horticulture designs and manufactures equipment for horticulture focused on produtivity in hydroponic system for over 18 years, high quality products and strong technical support.
The experience is built on clients that produce more than 30.000.000 plants per month with our equipment from the beginning, as well as technical partnerships with over 20 universities and research institutes in Brazil and other countries.
Our effort in practical and academic work generated products created and developed to meet the needs of customers whoalready work with hydroponics crops and those who wish to enter this promising market, which is still quite lacking in technology.
The intense exchange in technology brought to the market the creation of Hidrogood profiles, completely non-toxic, free from heavy metals, original and patented by Hidrogood.The result: a NFT hydroponic cultivation system, of exceptionally simple use and of high produtivity. At present Hidrogood also has a complete structure in products and equipment for the hydroponic system, such as fertilizers, phenolic foams, accessories for workshop benches and a wide range of products.
Hidrogood is also distinguished for the manufacture of specific products, and also provides customers with extensive technical assistance in the implementation and cultivation of various vegetables, courses, projects at no cost, consulting services, etc.
Hydroponics is an unused soil cultivation system. The nutrients required by the plant for the development and production are supplied from a nutrient solution composed of water and nutrients dosed adequately for each kind of plant / vegetable.
There are several hydroponic processes. One of the most made known is the NFT process (laminar flow of nutrients). The NFT process of Hidrogood eliminates the old tile methods, plastic, gravel and PVC pipes, replacing them by a totally nontoxic polypropylene profile, free from heavy materials that do not contaminate the plant, giving more support to plants/vegetables.
How does the Hydroponics NFT of Hidrogood Work?
Plants are grown in Hidrogood profiles abov the ground, on workshop benches, through which the nutrient solution composed of water and nutrients circulates (Hidrogood), dissolved in a equilibrated way according to the needs of each kind of plant / vegetable. The main purpose of these profiles is the sustenance of the plants, the conduction and oxygenation of the nutrient solution through its roots. The solution is stored in a reservoir and is pumped into the profiles whenever necessary, subsequently returning to the same tank, which is again pumped (closed circuit).
What are the Advantages for the Consumer?
- Plants are healthier because they grow in a controlled environment;
- Plants do not come into contact with the soil’s contaminants such as bacteria, fungi, snails, insects and worms;
- When the consumer buys hydroponic vegetables with the root, they are buying top quality products, fresher and more longevity;
- Hydroponic products that are sold packed; do not come into direct contact with hands, boxes, trucks, etc;
- By packaging the consumer can identify: brand, city of production, producer's name or technical manager, product characteristics, etc;
- More environmental friendly plants.
What can be Grow in Hydroponic NFT?
- Just about everything. Lettuce is still the most widely grown, but you can grow broccoli, green beans, cabbage, Kale, parsley, melon, watercress, cucumber, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, rice, strawberries, animal feed, tree seedlings, ornamental plants, among other species.
What are the Advantages for Consumers?
- There are many advantages to the consumer, some of which are:
- Plants do not come in contact with soil contaminants such as bacteria, fungi, slugs, insects, etc.
- They are healthier as they grow in a nutrition-oriented, controlled environment.
- Attack of pests and diseases is reduced almost eliminating the application of pesticides.
- Hydroponic vegetables last longer in and out the refrigerator because they keep their roots.
What are the Advantages for the Producer?
- A Quick return of the investment;
- Significant reduction in production costs;
- Increased productivity;
- Faster harvest due to reduced growing seasons;
- Guarantee uniformity of agricultures;
- Increased production control;
- There are no worries with crop rotation allowing continuous production;
- Clean cultivation, improving hygiene conditions;
- Hand labour reduction;
- Improving working conditions, lighter and cleaner work and better ergonomics when using workshop benches;
- There is no waste of water or nutrients;
- The economy of water from the ground is about 70% (ideal for countries with shortage of this resource);
- The plant grows healthier and because it is not in direct contact with the soil it’s less prone to contamination by pests and diseases;
- Reduction of spraying;
- Soil tillage operations are eliminated as well as the maintenance of the equipment used for these operations;
- Complete reduction of herbicides;
- The cultivation can be carried out anywhere, even in places where the soil’s quality is poor;
- Soil independence allows the cultivation near the public consumer, minimizing the costs of logistics and transport;
- The plant with root has more storage time (ideal for export);
- The plant harvested with root brings added value to the product;
- High quality products.