Horticulture Australia Limited (HAL) is a not-for-profit, industry-owned company. It works in partnership with Australia’s horticulture industries to invest in research, development and marketing programs that provide benefit to industry and the wider community. HAL invests around $100 million annually in programs designed to align with the strategic investment priorities of Australia’s horticulture industries and the Australian Government’s Rural Research and Development priorities. HAL receives recommendations on investment from Industry Advisory Committees (IACs) which provide industry specific experience and expertise.
IACs are committees of HAL that provide advice to the HAL Board. IAC membership is recommended to HAL by the Peak Industry Body (PIB) of each industry. The PIB is responsible for ensuring the skills required on an IAC are met by the persons they recommend.
As part of the Australian Government’s commitment to rural research and development, horticulture industries can access matching Commonwealth funding through HAL for research and development activities.
Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Be polite and considerate
- Value and encourage ideas and input from co-workers
- Be empathetic, recognising that differences in background, beliefs and opinions exist
- Be mindful of other people's time, workload and priorities
Walk the Talk
- Stand by your commitments and decision, and deliver on them
- Demonstrate honesty, fairness and transparency
- Lead by example, setting high standards of conduct
Working together towards a common goal
- Understand appreciate a colleague's roles and skills
- Readily and effectively share information, knowledge and experience
- Take action to encourage co-operation internally and externally
- Acknowledge and celebrate achievements
Be an advocate of positive change
- See things differently, find new, better ways of achieving
- Promote and enable innovation
- Foster an open-minded environment, where idea generation and diversity of thinking is encouraged
- Learn from failure and build on successes.
Always strive to do better
- Provide flexible, tailored service of the highest standard
- Have a 'can do' attitude
- Commit to continual improvement
- Continually strive to learn and further develop skills
- Be passionate about Customer Service