KaitoSol is manufactured by Advanced Green Nanotechnologies Sdn Bhd (AGENT), a spin off company from The University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. The company was established in 2009 and it is registered in Malaysia. Our manufacturing facilities are outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Our current manufacturing and storage facilities are sized to supply the needs of 700,000 hectares. By the end of 2012, the factory will be able to manufacture enough KaitoSol to spray 5 million hectares. Currently, the product is being commercialised in South East Asia (Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia and Philippines). In 2011 KaitoSol was used in over 80,000 Ha. Apart from South East Asia, registration and commercialisation has started in United Kingdom, Europe and South America.
KaitoSol is a foliar biostimulant which is 100 % natural. It is based on ActiveChitosan, a molecule made from plant and shrimp extracts. It is soluble in water and it is applied at the beginning or through out the life cycle of the crop (depends on crop) by manual or mechanical spraying. It is manufactured by a fermentation process. It does not contain any harmful chemicals or genetically modified compounds.
ActiveChitosan is the main active ingredient in KaitoSol®. It is made from plant and shrimp extracts and it has a highly optimised structure when compared to regular chitosan*. The optimised size and uniformity of the molecule creates a highly active compound. The molecule was developed at The University of Cambridge.
*Chitosan is a modified carbohydrate polymer derived from the chitin component of the shells of crustacean, such as crab, shrimp, and cuttlefish.
1. KaitoSol is applied to the leaves and trunk of the plants via spray. In some cases, the product is applied to the soil either via drip or via spray.
2. It has high adherence properties, creating a nurturing layer, and it acts as a natural barrier against external agents
3. Since the molecule remains attached to the plant for an extended period, there is good absorption and small loss of active material. ActiveChitosan, as it is absorbed, enhances the strength of the plant and provides to the plant nutrients.
4. What happens:
- Increases yield
- Reduction in growth time
- Aids on preventing disease
- Enhances the strength of the plant
- Induces chitin & phytoalexin enzymes
(It is important to mention that KaitoSol is not a replacement of standard fertilizers and should be used as an addition to standard practices. However, it has been noticed that the use of KaitoSol might reduce usage of pesticides and fertilizers).