Turf maintenance and grass mowing equipment for golf course, sports field, commercial cutter, landscaper, or large grass areas. We sell, service, and provide replacement parts for the equipment brands we represent. We help turf professionals find their edge when it comes to the challenges of producing fine turf. Equipment Sales for Golf Course maintenance, OEM replacement parts, Service of reel mowers and turf sprayers.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Krigger & Company has a long and distinguished history. A. H. (Guss) Krigger came to Pittsburgh from Upstate New York to attend Carnegie Tech Engineering School. After school he enlisted for service in World War I. After the Armistice he returned to civilian life as a Manager of a motor company farm tractor department in Pittsburgh.
- In 1928, noting the trend toward the game of golf he decided to enter this field. After a few years of missionary work, he began to see results; he named the company Golf Course Supply Company and moved to the South Side of Pittsburgh. At this location he had space to display machinery and store parts. This was followed by a repair shop and the business continued to prosper under his direction.
- In 1950, after his death, the company was operated by his two sons, J. E. (Jack) and R. D. (Don) Krigger. The company was moved to the North Hills in 1952. In 1955, the company name was changed from Golf Course Supply, to Krigger & Company, Inc.
- In 1968, we purchased the Jacobsen Power Lawn Mower Company in Mayfield, Ohio, and in 1973, we purchased the Jacobsen Power Lawn Mower Company of Akron, Ohio. A branch was located in Macedonia, Ohio. On November 30, 1978, Don Krigger retired. The business continued and prospered under the leadership of Jack Krigger. In 1981, a branch location was added in Columbus, Ohio.
- In June of 1987, the Macedonia branch was sold to Jacobsen/Textron and the Columbus branch was sold to John Raab, branch manager.
- On January 19, 1989, Jack died in an automobile accident. The business was purchased by Jack's daughter, Gail Krigger Fitzgerald, on April 26, 1989 and the company is now in its third generation of ownership. Gail's husband, Tim Fitzgerald, joined the management team of the company in 1990. The success of the company has always been to provide top quality products backed by a knowledgeable team of people who provide superior sales, service, and replacement parts support.
- In March of 1994 we expanded our business to include irrigation sales and service carrying some top brand names, including Hunter, Buckner, and Legacy Golf. Irrigation proved to be a good compliment to our existing golf course equipment business, and it allowed us to expand into commercial irrigation as well , reaching a new customer market niche.
- In February, 1997, Krigger & Company built a new facility north of Pittsburgh. Situated on 18 acres, the 24,000 square foot facility has provided us with a larger state of the art service facility, expanded parts, expanded warehousing, a training facility, a retail showroom, and turf to test and maintain the equipment we sell.
- In December, 1999, we launched our web site www.krigger.com to take advantage of the World Wide Web and provide a source of information about our company and our products for our customers and prospects. The web site has been continually modified and updated to provide a source of information, such as equipment features and specifications, contact information, programs and specials, and now includes an on-line shopping cart for the sale of our new and used equipment, accessories, and parts.
- In the early 2000's we later sold our irrigation division allowing us to focus our efforts on equipment sales and service. We expanded our commercial landscape equipment offering and created our Power Cut division to focus on the commercial cutter market. We were able to offer many of our high productivity product lines to the commercial market, while also adding top brand commercial products which we could market to golf courses.
- By late 2012 we solidified a 'best in class' service department along with a top quality line up of equipment brands in our offering. Jacobsen has been the mainstay of our product offering since our business started in the 1920's. Cushman and Turfco brands have been there almost from the beginning, and now with Smithco, Lastec, Exmark, Scag, Ventrac, Buffalo Turbine, Redexim (Verti-Drain), and Bernhard Grinders we offer some of the most innovative, cost-effective technology in the industry. Our newly created 'Krigger Refurb' brand of used equipment now allows our customers to choose dependable fully-refurbished used equipment as a low cost alternative to new equipment.
- Our new company logo and tag line 'Define the Edge®' were officially launched in February 2013 bringing new energy to our customer focused approach. We are committed to the turf equipment industry with a focus on providing mechanical solutions for our customers' needs. We offer equipment, parts, and service that help our customers achieve their goals of maintaining and improving their 'edge' when it comes to the challenges of maintaining fine turf and large grass areas.