Family owned, multiple locations, and a commitment to helping you get the job done since 1946. That’s the Lano difference. The Lano family knows heavy machinery. Our experienced staff has sold and serviced literally tons of equipment for construction, landscaping and agriculture for customers big and small for over half a century. We’ve been through the ups and downs of the construction business, and understand what it takes for our hard-working customers to be successful. That’s why we’ve continued to carefully expand, to provide better service and the latest products from industry’s best manufacturers.
- Top Sales Pros – From Loretto to Anoka to Shakopee, our experienced staff are knowledgeable about all aspects of construction and heavy equipment.
- Top Brands – We’re proud to represent Bobcat, Kubota, Doosan, Toro, Stihl, Wacker, Felling and Load Trail Trailers, Virnig , Paladin , Berlon, Snow Wolf, Land Pride Attachments and many others. We partner with manufacturers who offer cutting edge technology, and most importantly, attractive promotions that make these capital purchases more affordable.
- Competitive Pricing – For new or used equipment for construction, landcaping or agriculture, you can always count on Lano for prices that will compete with any dealership, anywhere, anytime.
- Huge Used Inventory – Skid steers, excavators, track loaders, attachments, compact tractors, and more. You name it, we carry it. We consistently inventory over over 300 pieces of used equipment at all times.
- Three Twin Cities locations – To truly serve the Twin Cities marketplace, contractors need parts, service and supplies within easy reach.
The firm’s original location was on First Street in Chaska, MN. In 1978, Lano Equipment, Inc. moved to a new 16,000 square foot, six-acre facility in Shakopee, MN. In 1991, Lano Equipment, Inc expanded into the north metro area with a new 18,000 square foot facility.
As the case with many distributors, Lano Equipment, Inc. had its roots in agriculture, but has since grown into one of the largest light industrial equipment distributorships in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Hauser, Joe, Dick, and Benny Lano are the brothers who made up the first generation of the company. Joe Jr., Roger, Gary, Rod, Brad, and Kurt, represent members of the second Lano generation.
“Melroe Bobcat has played a big part in the success of this dealership,” says company founder, Hauser Lano. “From just a few machines sold a year in the early 1960s, we have grown to be one of the largest Bobcat dealers in the world.” Lano has won the top Bobcat dealership award almost every year since 1970. The service and parts departments have received Melroe honors for eight straight years.
Lano Equipment, Inc. currently lists 46 employees on its payroll between both stores. In addition to Bobcat, the firm represents Load Trail, Kubota, Daewoo, Felling Trailers, and other significant construction lines.
“Melroe continues to be number 1 in skidsteer loader sales,” observes Lano. “Lano Equipment, Inc., along with Melroe Company, continues to provide a consistent partnership that gives customers the very best in skidsteer loaders.”