Lyndon Fish Hatcheries serves customers throughout Canada and beyond. We have served government agencies, universities and businesses. Some of our biggest customers include fish farms that grow out our fingerlings and eggs for end production use. Our brilliant fish are desired and admired by our customers but expected by our family and employees. The facility in New Dundee focuses on hatching eggs from our renowned Lyndon rainbow trout brood stock. Our brood stock is fed only the highest quality feed, and our partnerships with the University of Guelph make us one of the leading Canadian hatcheries in the trout industry. We hatch our fish in natural spring water derived from a variety of wells, giving us a constant supply of crystal clear water at 10 degrees. These ideal conditions allow us to grow our products for the national and international marketplace.
At Lyndon Fish Hatcheries, our mission is to consistently create superior performing rainbow trout eggs and fingerlings by elevating innovation in the world of aquaculture. We will support these efforts by providing high quality products combined with excellent customer support.
Lyndon Fish Hatcheries is passionately driven and will inspire our employees to achieve their full potential. We will engage in practices that will help to provide a sustainable food source for the global community. We will anticipate the needs of our customers by building open and honest relationships through effective communication. We will maximize return to our stockholders while enhancing product quality for our national and international customers.
- We will provide timely, responsive solutions with integrity and a passion for excellence while meeting or exceeding our clients’ expectations.
- We welcome and respect the diversity of our clients, shareholders and employees.
- We value our living planet and will help to provide sustainable food sources in an environmentally friendly way.
- Internally, we value collaborative decision making that allows each of us the opportunity to maximize and participate in the growth of the organization.
- We value our rural farming roots and strive to create a welcoming, pleasing, safe and positive environment.
- We will build open and honest relationships with effective communication.
- We rejoice in creative change. We are flexible, agile, and energized by the opportunity to surpass the challenges involved with this rapidly expanding industry.
- We will be passionate and determined.
Our team is comprised of knowledgeable and friendly associates who have years of experience in aquaculture and related fields along with outstanding customer service and a passion for fish and the great outdoors.
Seasonal Fishing Pond Associate
Highly focused on an excellent customer experience and service. Cleanliness and maintenance of the facilities grounds and pond are instrumental to ensure a premium experience for all clientele. Driving sales and continued promotion of the Lyndon Fishing Pond to various audiences, including the general public, family picnics and birthday parties, tournaments and corporate events. Due to the short seasonality and the necessity for excellent coverage on weekends, weekend availability is mandatory along with flexibility to work extended hours as required. He/she will be required to perform physical labour both indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Hours will vary based on seasonality and weather.
- Exceptional Customer Service and Sales
- Time Management Skills
- Energetic with Good Stress Tolerance
- Team Work
- Attention to Detail and Problem Solving
- Work with Attention to Safety
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Lawn Care Equipment
- Provide information and assist customers with fishing and reviewing the rules that are applicable at the Lyndon Fishing Pond facility.
- Ensure that safety is paramount regarding fish and lawn care equipment handling.
- Determine ground maintenance requirements and assist in upkeep of grounds as required.
- Assist in all areas of operation of Lyndon Fishing Pond facilities and the hatchery as needed.
- Perform various tasks such as feeding and be comfortable with handling and cleaning fish.
- As situations arise, flexibility in hours may be required with consultation of management.
- Help to promote and market for an increase in sales and to drive new customer growth.
- An interest in fish and the environment in which they thrive. Enjoy being outside.
- Ability to follow safe procedures for use of lawn equipment, fishing equipment and chemicals.
- Moderate physical strength and stamina.
- Able to get along with co-workers and customers at the workplace.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 55 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in diverse weather conditions.
Hours of Operations
The hours of operation for the pond are 9-6 (shifts starting at 8:30 and ending at 6:30) with shifts starting ½ hour before and after the opening and closing. Until June 17th we are open weekends and holidays. Open 7 days a week starting June 23rd to September 3rd. After the Labour Day weekend the pond is then open on weekends up until Thanksgiving Weekend closing after Monday, October 8th.