The roots of Nokka as a company go back to 1967, in which year Jorma Nokkala set up a metal workshop on his farm in Viitasaari. The first products were a muck spreader and a rotary snowplough. The history of products obtained by Nokka through acquisitions, however, goes back to as far as the beginning of the 20th century, when the manufacture of Hankmo harrows started at Wärtsilä’s plant in Pietarsaari. The manufacture of cultivators at the Turenki facility started in the 1930’s, that of harrows in 1955 and that of fertilisers & seeders in 1970.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
In 1970, the activities were relocated from Viitasaari to the current headquarters in the industrial estate of Muurame, where the premises have been enlarged several times. In the 1970’s, the company produced various tractor-drawn machines, until it started also manufacturing forest machinery in 1979.
In addition to numerous enlargements in Muurame, the activities have also been expanded by means of company acquisitions: In 1985, Nokka became the owner of Wärtsilä’s Pietarsaari factory, which had been producing Hankmo harrows. The machinery workshop of Suomen Sokeri became part of Nokkala’s Group in 1986. Today production is concentrated in Muurame.
The Nokkala family owns Nokka-Yhtiöt Oy, the mother company of the Group. Since 1st of January 2005, the subsidiaries comprise of Nokka Oy producing forest machinery and rotary snowploughs, and Pematic Oy, a factory making hydraulic cylinders, which in 1999 first became a company in its own right. The headquarters of the Group are located in Muurame.