Northstar Attachments is recognized as an innovative manufacturer of specialized tractor attachments and equipment designed primarily for tractors and loaders. Northstar manufactures four major product groups and over 175 different combinations of products. Markets include hay, dairies, orchards, vineyards, nurseries, equine, landscape, general farm, hobby farm, and light construction. Northstar has built a reputation for manufacturing innovative products designed for functionality and longevity.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
Leading products include:
- The Arena-Vator II and III Series of horse arena cultivation tools for the equine industry
- Material handling attachments designed for buckets, front end loaders, and backhoes
- The Twinstar line of basket rakes designed for commercial farming—hay production, dairy operations, and bio feedstocks
- Hydraulic Self-Loading Bin Trailers designed to efficiently pick up, transport, and cushion full fruit bins from the field during harvest
- The Spin Weeder, an innovative in-row cultivator tool for vineyards.
History of Northstar Attachments
In 1988, Wayne Hahn organized L&W Sales and Mfg., Inc. The company first developed as a custom manufacturer of products serving orchard, vineyard, and hop industries. L&W’s flagship product was the Hydraulic Self-loading Bin Trailer. In June of 1999, L&W Sales and Mfg. was purchased by Rankin Equipment Co. and became L&W Manufacturing LLC. Our company name was changed to Northstar Attachments LLC in 2005.
Northstar’s manufacturing processes include: solid works design, lean manufacturing, bar & angle bending, flame burning, punching & drilling, plate shearing, saw cutting, forming, tube bending, MIG welding, fabrication, machining, sand blasting, powder coating, and liquid painting and assembly.
Northstar markets its products through 13 sales and distribution companies (wholesalers) in the U.S., Canada, and Australia. These sales and distribution firms sell products to equipment dealers in their respective regions, marketing Northstar products under private and Northstar labels.