Precision Drone LLC is an Indiana company that manufactures helicopter-style drones (hexacopters) for use by farmers in assessing the health of their crops. Drones (or unmanned aerial vehicles/UAVs) are being used for many functions. As the technology develops, drones/UAVs are being customized for specialized uses.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Agriculture - Agriculture Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We specialize in crop surveillance drones for the agriculture industry. Our Precision Vision crop health imaging provides composite video to show you the true health of your field in a color contrast, allowing you to see how much sunlight is being absorbed by the crop canopy.
Precision Drone also manufactures drones for other uses:
- Insurance Adjustors - Allows insurance claims adjusters to view large property damage claims without climbing on roofs or walking miles to determine damages.
- Public safety officials such as police and fire departments - For search & rescue or surveillance without endangering the life of police officers, firefighters or other first responders.
- If you need a drone for some other purpose, please contact us. We have the knowledge, skill and facilities to manufacture drones customized for many other uses.
- To provide the American farmer with the best scouting tools to help improve yields on every acre, make decisions, and provide more food for a growing world.
Using drones for crop surveillance can drastically increase farm crop yields while minimizing the cost of walking the fields or airplane fly-over filming. Using our Precision Vision Crop Health Imaging system, you can view composite video showing the health of your crops.The Benefits of Drones in Farming
- Increase Yields
- Find potentially yield limiting problems in a timely fashion.
- Save Time
- While all farmers know the value of scouting their crops few actually have time to cover the acres on foot.
- Return on Investment
- At an average of $2 per acre for a walking visual inspection or an aerial survey to take an image of crop fields, the ROI on the purchase of an aerial helicopter drone can be met quickly. In most operations, the ROI for our drones can be achieved in a crop season or less, leaving you owning a drone that reduces your operating costs and improves your crop yield by giving you the timely information you need for quick management intervention.
- Ease of use
- UAV products can be very complex to set-up and operate, but with our preset standards we allow new operators to have confidence in operating from the beginning.
- Integrated GIS mapping
- Draw field borders for flight pattern
- Crop Health Imaging
- Seeing the true health of your field in a color contrast allows you to see how much sunlight is being absorbed by the crop canopy.
- Failsafe - The Drone Flies Home
- As an added safety net with the flip of switch your Precision Drone will return to its original takeoff location