In August 1965, founders Glen Brandt, Larue Jacobs and Tom Sutton were enjoying an afternoon at a county fair, not merely sipping lemonade, but finding themselves chatting about the future of farming and the growth in liquid fertilizer products. Acquiring tanks was problematic, so they came up with the idea to build tanks themselves. After joining with some local investors, it wasn’t long before the vision of Precision Tank & Equipment became a reality. With 10 acres, a large building near Virginia, Il and the focus to design and make field proven fertilizer storage and practical handling equipment, this liquid fertilizer industry company soon began making its mark.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
In 1985, the company expanded to Athens, IL, acquiring the local assets of MAPCO Thermogas. Just a year later PT&E also acquired the assets of Great Northern, gaining knowledgeable employees, some of whom are among the 50 currently working.
In 2009, we began constructing a new 30,000 sq. ft. manufacturing building in Ligonier, Indiana. Opening in 2010, PT&E began producing 12' diameter fiberglass tanks at Ligonier, plus stainless steel tanks.
In 2013, we began constructing a new 35,000 sq. ft. manufacturing building in Humboldt, Iowa. Opening in 2014, PT&E began producing 11' 7'' diameter fiberglass tanks at Humboldt, plus stainless steel tanks. Precision is excited to add fiberglass tanks to our versatile product line. Precision Tank can now manufacture 30,000 gallon tanks in your choice of fiberglass, stainless steel, or mild steel!
Through the years, PT&E has led the way into other tank related equipment. In 1996, PT&E made the first fire tanker for a rural fire department. Now, we routinely fabricate both brush trucks and fire tankers, catering principally to rural fire districts throughout the Midwest.
Precision's agricultural product line includes a full range of fiberglass, stainless steel, mild steel storage and field use tanks for the fertilizer and agricultural chemical industry. We also offer a full line of 'field tough' liquid and dry application equipment for fertilizer dealers and custom applicators.
To complete our product offering, PT&E supplies a wide range of fiberglass, stainless steel, and mild steel tanks for industrial and petroleum use. Precision also serves the ethanol and bio-diesel tank markets to help America strive toward energy independence. And, to keep our customers up and running, Precision stocks nearly 9,000 different accessories, replacement and repair parts that are ready for immediate shipment!
While the products we manufacture and the industries we serve have changed over the years - one thing has remained constant. And that is the loyalty of our customers. We thank you for allowing us to serve you and look forward to continuing that tradition of service for many years to come.
To be the premier tank and equipment company providing innovative solutions throughout America.
- Honesty and Integrity - We will be fair and honest in all our actions and follow the highest ethical standards.
- Courage - We will embrace new ideas and ways to increase our markets, both traditional and emerging.
- Teamwork - We listen to each others opinions and work together to achieve company goals.
- Customer Driven - We continually build tanks and equipment to exceed our customers' expectations to insure their continued success and growth.
- Shareholder Value - We are responsible for our shareholders investments and are committed to increasing long term shareholder value.
- Tirelessly strive to improve and diversify - We will continue to improve the quality and efficiency of our product and develop new products through emerging techniques and industry innovations.
- Never be satisfied - Perfection is a pinnacle we strive to achieve and we will never become complacent or arrogant. Striving toward perfection is our signature.
- Our mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers by manufacturing superior quality products, coupled with unparalleled service.
- To innovate and improve new and existing tanks and equipment by developing an open and honest relationship with our customers and the industries we serve.
- To provide a safe, comfortable environment where all employees can work together as a team for the betterment of the company
- To always deliver on the promises we make; to our customers, shareholders, and employees.
- Virginia, IL
- Athens, IL
- Ligonier, IN
- Humboldt, IA