Reis Equipment is family owned and operated and has been proudly serving the Ottawa region for more than 40 years under the expert management of Mr. Joe Reis. Joe was born in Holland, on a farm. He moved to Canada in 1952, where his career in the farm industry continued, but in a different angle. He joined the International Harvester Co., in 1955, located in Hamilton, Ontario. Joe began his career as Account Order & Distribution, moved on to Stock supervisor, then to Sales, then Territory Manager and finally Store Manager. In April 1972, Joe bought a farm equipment store in west Ottawa. A year later, H. J. Reis International earned the prestigious “XL Dealer Certification” the highest honor available in the industry. On March 17, 1978 the dealership relocated to a brand new 10,200 square feet facility on the Carp Road, Carp, Ontario. In only a few years, this new dealership was recognized as the largest farm equipment dealer in Ontario. Quite an accomplishment.
In 1999, Joe with his son, Jeff, a full active partner, expanded the dealerships to Winchester and St. Bernardin, now St Isidore. The three dealerships known as Reis Equipment Centres, now were able to diversify and offer more equipment variety, both in sales and in service.
Reis Equipment Centre employs a total of 50 people, including all (four) of Joe’s children. Jeff the General Manager of Reis Equipment Centre since 2004, eagerly plans for expansion in the near future.