Rosier has been established in town of Sas van Gent in the province of Zeeland-Flanders since 1912. The good infrastructure, both by water and by road, of this small border town situated on the Terneuzen-Gent canal means that Rosier is ideally situated in the heart of Western Europe. Rosier has about 100 employees, many of whom work on a round-the-clock shift system. Rosier invests heavily in training and collaboration and as a result the firm enjoys a pleasant working atmosphere, efficient production methods, flexible provision of services and constant care for people and the environment.
For almost a century, Rosier Nederland has been helping to improve agriculture yields all over the world.
The fertilisers Rosier produces for this purpose are made primarily of nitrogen, phosphate, potassium and sulphur. These basic raw materials can be supplemented with additional trace elements, depending on the soil composition.
Rosier produces approximately 500,000 tonnes per annum, taking the utmost care throughout with regard to people and the environment.
Rosier always strives to create products that exploit the maximum natural growth potential of plants, in other words the best nutrients for the best growth.
Rosier dates back to the beginning of the previous century, to 1912 to be precise. That year saw the opening of a factory, going by the name of N.V. Nieuwe Nederlandsche Maatschappij tot Vervaardigen van Spiegelglas, Glazen Voorwerpen, en Chemische Producten, on Rosier’s present site in Sas van Gent.
Fifty years later, in 1962, as the result of a name change, Zuid-Chemie BV came into being. At that time, Rosier was a subsidiary of Pechiney-Saint-Gobain. There went on to be various changes of parent company, with Rhone Poulenc, CdF Chemie, Orkem, Elf Atochem, Grande Paroisse and (since july 2006) Rosier succeeding each other over the years. These changes, however, did not affect the Zuid-Chemie name, which was retained. On september 14th 2009, the name Zuid-Chemie changes into Rosier Nederland B.V.