Shur Farms Frost Protection has over 20 years of experience in frost protection science and cold air removal technology. Having been growers ourselves, we understand the challenges of designing an effective and affordable frost protect system. We designed and installed the first North American cold air drainage system in the late 1990s and began manufacturing and marketing the Cold Air Drain in 2001. Since then, we have installed thousands of units protecting trees and vines, making us the leader in cold air removal. Ongoing advancements to the powerful Cold Air Drain have made it the most fuel efficient, quiet, and cost-effective method of active frost protection available.
Shur Farms Frost Protection Specialties:
- Cold Air Removal: Designing customized and environmentally friendly systems that integrate single or multiple frost protection methods and address the needs of today's growers.
- Orchard & Vineyard Optimization: Recommending passive frost protection measures (e.g., barriers, cover crop management) to optimize growing areas.
- Ongoing Design Support: Offering ongoing frost protection system support and design modification to accommodate changing situations.
- Research: Monitoring frost protection trends and issues to provide accurate information to growers and assist with local sustainability issues.
- Education: Address growers’ questions and provide frost information via presentations, seminars, articles, and more.
Our team has extensive experience in frost protection science. Our team members bring diverse experience and substantial education in the fields of agriculture, business, environmental policy, and research methods. Team members hold degrees from prestigious research universities, including University of California at Davis, University of California at Riverside, University of California at Los Angeles, University of Southern California, and Cal Poly, Pomona.
We use clean manufacturing practices, including recycling, paper reduction, and limiting packaging materials. Our environmentally friendly products use small, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-certified, fuel-efficient engines and fuel tanks, low wind resistance propellers, and green units to blend into the natural environment. We are fully committed to providing outstanding frost protection products and customer service to serve your needs.
The main Shur Farms departments serving you are:
- Parts & Service
- Research & Development
- Customer Service
We consider the needs of our customers above all else by providing the most effective frost protection available and serving them responsibly, efficiently, and courteously. Our products, facilities, and services are dedicated to respecting and protecting the environment. We are committed to excellence in all that we do.