Smyth Welding and Machine Shop has continually grown since George Smyth purchased his first welder and went into business in 1955. Today George`s son Barry operates the business and continues to expand in the production of high quality snowblowers, dump trailers, woodsplitters, sweepers, buckets and attachments, land rollers, and header wagons. We operate a full machine shop, as well as take in all different kinds of equipment repairs. Smyth Welding stocks all common sizes of sheet metal, angle iron, square tube, round pipe, rod, shaft, flat bar, channel iron etc., as well as a good variety of aluminum and some stainless steel. We also stock a wide variety of bearings, sprockets, pulleys, PTO parts, bolts, belts and chains, hydraulic hose, valves, seals, and so much more.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
In 1955, at the age of 15, George Smyth purchased his first welder and went into business.
He moved across the road in 1962 to the property on which the present shop is located. Welding was done in a shed until 1972 when a new shop was built, followed by an addition in 1976. In 1978 the office was added. The Paint Shop was erected in 1979 and that was also the year that Smyth Welding became Limited. In 1981, the Machine Shop and storage area were built.
George's son, Barry, graduated from the Machine Shop course at Fanshaw College in 1983 and managed the Machine Shop.
In 1998, George retired and the business changed hands from father to son, Barry.
In 2005 the back part of the shop was removed, and in 2006 a large addition was added on.
Smyth Welding has continued to prosper and grow throughout the years, and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone we have had the pleasure doing business with over the past years, and are looking forward to serving you and our future customers for years to come!