St. Joseph Equipment

Based in La Crosse, WI St. Joseph Equipment Inc. serves all of western Wisconsin and much of the south east portion of Minnesota via its five Agriculture locations. St. Joseph Equipment offers sales, service, parts, and on the farm site repairs.

Company details

N1751 County Hwy M , La Crosse , Wisconsin 54601 USA

Locations Served

Our Manufacturers

Business Type:
Distributor
Industry Type:
Agriculture
Market Focus:
Nationally (across the country)

St. Joseph Equipment originated in the village of St. Joseph, Wisconsin (located just outside of La Crosse) in 1948.  It's founder, William J. Schams, Sr., started the business as a Ferguson (later known as 'Massey Ferguson') tractor dealership.  In 1956 the current owner, William G. Schams, Jr., purchased the company from his father.  By the early 1960's, St. Joseph Equipment expanded its offering to include the Massey Ferguson industrial line.

St. Joseph Equipment moved into its first building in 1965 .  On January 1, 1970, the company was incorporated and its name was changed to St. Joseph Equipment, Inc.

Up until, 1974 the agricultural and construction equipment shared the same facility.  However, in January of 1975 a new building was erected and purposed solely to the industrial/construction side of the business.

Massey Ferguson terminated its offering of heavy industrial equipment in 1978; therefore, St. Joseph Equipment became a distributor for Case and Ford.

In 1992, St. Joseph Equipment added locations in the Minneapolis and Duluth, MN markets, giving it a total of three locations selling and servicing construction equipment.  All Construction Markets were sold in June 2011 to Titan Machinery.

July 2000 saw a new agricultural facility completed across the street from the old, which now additionally houses the corporate offices.

In January of 2004, St. Joseph Equipment acquired Rochester Ford Tractor in Oronoco, MN. The Rochester facility handled both agricultural and construction equipment.  This building's responsibilities were transferred in the Summer of 2008 to a new location at 4710 County Rd. 7 SE in Eyota, MN.

St. Joseph Equipment welcomed a new location after attaining Cairns Equipment in Richland Center, WI in December of 2011.  By April 2012, St. Joseph Equipment acquired Degenhardt Implement in Norwalk, WI.

Currently, St. Joseph Equipment, Inc. serves all of western Wisconsin and much of the south east portion of Minnesota via its five Agriculture locations.  St. Joseph Equipment offers sales, service, parts, and on site repairs.