Tonutti Wolagr S.p.A

Since 1864, we put our customers and their needs at the heart of our business, always ready to listen and to understand their requests. It is thanks to the satisfaction and the loyalty of our customers, to the dedication and expertise of all our employees, to the team spirit to the innovation we seek to make ours through the acquisition of permanent know-how, it is thanks to all these values that our Group continues to grow over time, consolidating a leading position internationally. Sustaining continued growth through the offering of a complete range of machinery for worldwide agriculture, aiming more and more towards quality, innovation and technology, dedicating special care to the preservation of the environment, committing ourselves to designing and manufacturing environmentally friendly products with reduced fuel consumption requirements.

Company details

Via Gino Tonutti 3 , Remanzacco (Udine) , 33047 Italy

More Office Locations Locations Served

Memberships

Business Type:
Manufacturer
Industry Type:
Agriculture
Market Focus:
Globally (various continents)
Year Founded:
1864

Our mission
Sustaining continued growth through the offering of a complete range of machinery for worldwide agriculture, aiming more and more towards quality, innovation and technology, dedicating special care to the preservation of the environment, committing ourselves to designing and manufacturing environmentally friendly products with reduced fuel consumption requirements.

Our values
Since 1864, we put our customers and their needs at the heart of our business, always ready to listen and to understand their requests. It is thanks to the satisfaction and the loyalty of our customers, to the dedication and expertise of all our employees, to the team spirit to the innovation we seek to make ours through the acquisition of permanent know-how, it is thanks to all these values that our Group continues to grow over time, consolidating a leading position internationally.

The documented history of the Tonutti family’s origin begins in 1864. Luigi Tonutti, the youngest of three sons, learned the blacksmith’s trade at the Cossutti blacksmith’s workshop in Godia. Then he moved to Marsure di Sotto, a village along the banks of the “Cividina” river, where he rented a small blacksmith’s workshop that belonged to marquis Mangilli who was from Savorgnano del Torre. There he started his real productive activity of farm implements that he used to sell at local street markets all over the Friuli region. The workmanlike pruning knives and blades he used to forge with his skilful hands were very popular and very much appreciated. For this reason and thanks to his fine workmanship he was given the title of “master craftsman” and he became “master Vigj” for everybody. He got married and had five sons and two daughters.

When the sons came of age, they were sent to their relatives’ blacksmith’s workshop in Planis (Udine), where they became skilful wagon makers. Working hard with passion, with his son’s collaboration and making sacrifices “master Vigj” was able to buy from marquis Mangilli an old mill situated along the banks of the “Cividina” river, in Marsure di Sotto. It was transformed into a blacksmith’s workshop where the Tonutti brothers worked under their father’s good guidance.

In a short time the Tonuttis became famous all over Friuli region. Everybody turned to them when they had problems related to machines. The father’s house became too small and Luigi’s sons decided to move to different places, but always along the banks of the “Cividina” river. Guido and Lino went to Casali Casòn, Pio to Marsure di Povoletto and Angelo to Siacco. Umberto, Luigi and Gino’s father, settled in Remanzacco at Battiferro di Sotto.

Umberto and his sons carried on with their work for a long time. In 1945, at the end of the second world war, Gino Tonutti started the production of farm machineries ranged from plows to farm wagons, cask wagons for sewage transport and the first machines for work agricultural products (mills, ensilers, etc). In 1965, the business was moved to a new factory a short way away from the old blacksmith’s workshop. That is the way handicraft era ended and the industrial one began.

In 1972, with the introduction into the company of Carlo, Gino’s son and present group President, the company changed its sales policy in the export direction. Over 80% of the Remanzacco factory production is currently exported to more than 40 different countries.