VARI GARDEN MACHINERY Czech manufacturer and seller of garden machinery, established in 1969. The product range includes VARI GLOBAL two-wheel minitractors with many accessories: ploughs, cultivators and rotary tillers, potato hillers, potato planters, spike-tooth harrows, smoothing harrows, tipping trailers, equipment carriers, etc.; two-wheel minitractors for municipal services for working all year round, which can easily be converted from a drum mower into a mulcher, snow thrower, brush sweeper or a snow blade; mulchers/brush cutters with mulching blade (the HURRICANE line); drum mowers (ADELA, LIZA, AGATHA, LUCINA); brushcutters; log splitters and chain saws.
VARI - one team, one brand and shared responsibility for the history as well as for the future.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a middle-sized company with a manufacturing facility in Libice nad Cidlinou, Czech Republic. We employ 80 people. The VARI company was founded in 1969, so in 2014 we celebrated 45 years on the market. We can pride ourselves on the longest production history compared with other Czech companies in the small garden machinery branch. The company is in 100 % Czech ownership.
WHAT IS OUR AIM?
We don't understand only the minitractors or bar mowers under the VARI brand. This brand is defined by several thought-out production lines which successfully push their way to the customers not only in the Czech Republic but in other countries as well. We also offer several products in the trade goods range under the VARI brand - we directly participate in their development and/or production. Our aim is to bring quality and innovative technical solutions, good functionality and compatibility of our products and thus follow in and continue to develop the tradition and goodwill of the VARI company.
WHAT VALUES IS THE SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OF VARI BASED ON?
We produce functional and thought-out machines which always bring many special elements compared with the machines of other producers in their price and power class. We take pride in the history of our brand and our goal is not to betray our customers' trust in the machines of the VARI brand.
We do our best to create products of great value which will serve well and for many years and will keep their interesting market price. We don't produce low quality products which often force the customer to change the complete machine. We bear responsibility for the machines made in the past, we are trying to keep the highest possible compatibility and long availability of the spare parts. Already the previous generations got to like the VARI brand and more than 70 % machines manufactured during the last 45 years still serve well to their owners.
We meet the strict internal rules regarding the waste treatment, we carefully sort it and (thanks to our own sewage disposal plant) we control the quality of water which is returned back to the circulation. We use low-energy technologies for the manufacturing. We have a modern paint shop with powder coating technology and with water soluble colours technology. We use recycled paper for all the cartons. With the help of the EU funds we invested in decentralization of the heating and thermal insulation of the buildings. The year-on-year gas consumption has been reduced for 65 %. We continue with a lighting modernization project in the company in order to reduce the electricity consumption and improve the light comfort at the working places.
We use only modern four-stroke engine for our products, meeting the strict Euro2 emission standards.
We are maximally considerate of the environment. Our machines participate in growing healthy BIO products and help to cut the grass stands with good quality for their further processing. The ecology and consideration are important topics for VARI and we pay attention to them.
- 1969 – A licence for cooperative manufacturing of TERRA System in the member states of Comecon purchased from GUTBROD.
- Czechoslovakia – gearboxes: T-20, T-19, BSU, APL; 2-stroke engines; mowers: AZS-345
Hungary – N-3,5 two-wheel trailers, NT-3 adjusting elements, AFS-351 snow throwers, ASR-349 dozer blades
Special manufacturing for GUTBROD – ECO-50 gearbox, tiller blades
- 1985 – Expiration of the TERRA licence.
- 1986 – Technical amendments of own design, creation of VARI System (from “Variable”): new DSK-317 gearbox with 3 forward speeds and one reverse speed, DSK-316 gearbox, AKY and T-2 gearboxes for rotary tillers and rotary hoes. The gearboxes are fully compatible with the original TERRA gearboxes.
- 1989 – The “Velvet revolution” on 17th November in the Czech Republic.
- 1991 – Manufacturing corporation named MEPOL as a 100% state-owned joint-stock company is operating till the end of the year.
- 1992 – Privatization, company owned by funds and small shareholders. Building of a dealer network in the Czech Republic and of a company shop on the factory premises began.
- 1992 – Building a foreign trade network, the first foreign customers from Slovakia, Poland and Hungary.
- 1992 – A 4-wheel minitractor introduced: VARI QUATRO.
- 1993 – The first VARI machine with the 4-stroke HONDA GXV 160 engine introduced on 3rd September (the legendary “sheet metal” version).
- 1995 – The second round of the privatization, Mepol is purchased from the funds and small shareholders by the BG Technik company; a development of new machines begins, a wider product range.
- 1995 – A drum mower for DSK-316 introduced: RZS-68/16.
- 1993-1996 – New accessories for the modular VARI System introduced – for example 2 kVA generator, bulb planter, potato planter, sower, sprayer, ZK-850 brush, AZS-346 fingerless mower, BUSATIS fingerless mower, NP-1 bar mower.
- 1996 – Imports of goods from Italy started: VALEX, ALPINA, SPERRONI, ERMA.
- 1996 – A joint venture with MOTOR Ceske Budejovice established. MEPOL, a.s. + MOTOR JIKOV = VARI, a.s. trading company.
- 1997 – New accessories imported from Italy – BITTANTE M-50 snow thrower.
- 1997 – ROBUS System and JIKOV BDR-550 drum mower added to the product range.
- 1997 – Painting room reconstruction – “powder painting” technology from the WAGNER company.
- 1997 – The legendary accessories introduced: SAMSON-56 drum mower and TAJFUN-45 mulcher.
- 1998 – Termination of activities of the joint venture with MOTOR JIKOV Ceske Budejovice.
- 1998 – An own development of single-purpose high grass mowers began in VARI, a.s.
- 1998 – AV-3 implements carrier and OK-100 cylindrical sweeping brush introduced.
- 1998 – Hobby modular system for gardeners introduced: PONY IIA.
- 1998-2006 – Successful presentations of VARI and new single-purpose machines at the GAFA international fair.
- 1999 – A new driving unit for VARI System with the HONDA GCV 160 engine introduced.
- 1999 – BDR-585 ADELA drum mower and ASP-60B drum mower for PONY IIA minitractor introduced.
- 1999 – A joint venture in Uzbekistan: VARI a.s. UZ.
- 1999 – Mepol renamed to VARI, a.s.
- 1999-2000 – Following products were introduced: single-purpose mulchers F-530 and F-530.1, stump milling cutter called F-5,5/260 BOBR (“Beaver”).
- 1999-2002 – Further versions of the BDR-585 ADELA drum mower with various engines introduced.
- 2000 – TRIMMER-50 and TRIMMER-60 mowers introduced. They were inspired by an American concept of a “brush cutter on wheels”.
- 2001 – KV-100 sweeping brush introduced.
- 2002 – The first samples of VARI System machines to Africa.
- 2003 – BDR-585 ADELA drum mower was innovated: BDR-595 ADELA.
- 2003 – BDR-595D ADELA introduced – a new version of the drum mower with safety covers according to a new European safety standard for the EU markets.
- 2004 – BDR-600.4 and BDR-600.2 drum mowers for driving units of the VARI System introduced.
- 2004 – A new line of mulchers with laser cut space frame introduced: F-530, F-530.2, F-700.
- 2004 – A line of portable generators introduced: ECV-2.220, ECV-4.220 and ECV-6.380.
- 2004 – An innovated mulcher for VARI System introduced: TAJFUN-52.
- 2005 – A new mulcher introduced: F-600.
- 2006 – ANV-350 two-wheel trailer of own design introduced.
- 2006 – Export of VARI System products to Africa.
- 2007 – DHL Export Awards - 2nd position in the middle-sized company category.
- 2007 and 2009 – Successful presentations of VARI products at the DEMOPARK exhibition in Eisenach, Germany. It is a popular exhibition with a possibility to test the machines at work.
- 2008 – A subsidy from an EU project “ENERGY” – savings in the field of heating.
- 2008 – A new drum mower introduced: DS-521 Liza.
- 2008 – The first VARI double-drum mower introduced: BDR-1200.
- 2008 – A successful presentation of innovated VARI products at the TECHAGRO 2008 exhibition in Brno.
- 2009 – A new 2-speed drum mower introduced: BDR-620 Lucina 65.
- 2009 – A simplified version of the minitractor introduced: VARI ECONOMIC.
- 2009 – A contract on deliveries of drum mowers signed with the German company of AS-Motor.
- 2010 – Innovation of the VARI drum mowers (new blades with a logo and bigger cutting width).
- 2010 – Successful presentations of VARI at international fairs in Germany and Ukraine.
- 2010 – ASR-1000 big snow blade introduced.
- 2010 – The DSK-316.1PSZ gearbox was innovated (wider wheel distance and wheels with inflated tyres).
- 2010 – A subsidy from an EU project supporting personnel development.
- 2011 – The innovated RPT-2 rotary hoe introduced.
- 2011 – BDR-650 introduced - the new 2-speed mowing adapter for the Terra and VARI driving units.
- 2011 – VARI KC-435 introduced - the new brush cutter of own design with a HONDA engine.
- 2011 – Briggs & Stratton engines used on two models of VARI drum mowers.
- 2011 – Innovation of the KV sweeping brushes (bigger brush diameter and spiral-arranged hair).
- 2011 – 5 ton and 10 ton models added to the range of the VARI electrohydraulic log splitters.
- 2012 - Large innovation of VARI System under the name VARI GLOBAL - new driving units with HONDA GCV 160, GCV 190 and GSV 190 engines, innovation of the DSK-317/S gearbox (newly DSK-317.1/S), tiller devices, drive axle, front Wheel and ploughing wheels.
- 2012 - Further innovations: K-720, AV-3 implements carrier. The production of a new adjustable holder for the ASR-1000 dozer blade.
- 2012 - New accessories for VARI minitractors introduced: PT-1000 aerator, VT-1000 roller, SB-400 single-row potato planter.
- New accessories added to the product range: the PP-60 aerator/scarifier, it is connected directly to the TERRA-VARI driving units.
- 2012 - The new Hurricane F-550 brushcutter with mulching blade introduced. New innovative elements have been used for the first time for this machine, such as metal sheet cover of the cutting space (rust resistant), new design of the cutting space with bevelled sides for better crushing of the cut stand, front spur instead of the front Wheel for easy pass ability through the cut stand. The new elements are protected in the OHIM database.
- 2013 - New models added to the Hurricane F-550 line: F-550B, F-550 INOX and F-550GMI.
- 2013 - New engine used for the Hurricane F-600 mulcher: B&S 950 Series, the new name is F-600B.
- 2013 - A new drum mower added to the product range: DS-521B AGATHA. An innovative cover of the cutting disc made of asymmetric rust resistant metal sheet. These elements are protected in the OHIM database. A new solution of the blades attachment to the cutting disc.
- 2013 - Production of new adapters for TERRA-VARI driving units started - BDR-650V drum mower (for the clutches with a diameter of 80 mm) and BDR-650A drum mower (for the clutches with a diameter of 120 mm).
- 2013 - New professional log splitters introduced: VARI 16 TON SUPER FORCE and VARI 20 TON SUPER FORCE.
- 2013 - Sales of the single-purpose rotary tiller VARI K-60 started.