The beginnings of the company go back to 1947. At that time Mr. B de Vree, a farmer’s son, started an agricultural contractors business. The activities were diverse and machines where often adapted to the specific demands of the heavy clay soils of the local area. The adaption of existing machinery changed, in the course of time, slowly into the development of new machines. The agricultural contracting business changed therefore more and more into an engineering company and later into a fully-fledged factory. In 1976 de Vree introduced a completely self-developed machine, it was the Vredo Overseeder. At the end of the 80’s the same double disc principal was used for the development of the unique Vredo Slurry Injectors. Vredo has a worldwide dealernetwork voor the different productgroups. These dealers are selected by Vredo and they get technical trainingsessions on a regular base.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
In 1989 Vredo mounted a slurry tank on top of a Horsch three wheel self-propelled flotation vehicle. This was Vredo’s first foray into working with self-propelled vehicles. Since 1994, Vredo produces and engineres the self-propelled vehicles entirely in-house.
Vredo overseeding principle
- Double V-shaped discs which make a little cut in the soil.
- Seed is places in between the discs, in the cut.
- The soil springs back itself & the slit is closed by the compaction roller.
- Optimal situation for germination: The seed is in contact with the soil and gets the optimum amount of light and air.
- The seed is protected against weather influences such as frost and birds.
The combination of Double Discs and the spring and turf guard ensures an optimal seeding depth which means the most efficient usage of expensive seed.