We are conveniently located to provide customer support within all areas of Connecticut. Our main and largest facility, with 54,000 sq. ft. is located on fourteen acres in Wallingford, and offers sales, service, parts and rentals. A brand new 12,000 sq. ft. building, located in the eastern Connecticut town of Plainfield, was designed specifically for the sale, rental and service of construction equipment in that area. A parts and rental facility in Brookfield, provides the best customer service in western Connecticut.
In 1925 Winfred Ira Clark started the company in New Haven, Connecticut representing Ingersoll-Rand travelling the state via motorcycle. Win and the company was very involved in building the roads bridges and railways that allow us to move around the state today. The main products sold during that time were IR, Blaw Knox, Bucyrus Erie, and Terex.
In 1975 we designed, built and moved into a new purpose built facility in Wallingford, CT which remains our headquarters. At that same time, we took on the John Deere Construction Equipment line. Deere was a relatively small company that has become one of the major manufactures of equipment in the world. In 1995 we added the Brookfield and Franklin stores with our acquisition of Pakulis Equipment and the Deere franchise from G&H Equipment. In 2008, there was a significant change when Volvo purchased the road machinery division from IR and moved it to the Volvo dealers. We were very fortunate sign on with the Wirtgen family of equipment (Wirtgen, Hamm, Vogele, and now Kleemann). In 2009 we designed and moved into a new purpose built branch in Plainfield CT to replace the Franklin location
In 2012, we added Leeboy to the list of quality equipment available to you. In addition, we also represent manufacturers of shredders, screeners, crushers, lasers, hydraulic breakers, trailers, grapples, concrete pulverizers, compactors, and more.