Longer-range plans call for the integration of BridgeMaster with the Bentley Bridge family of software for the modeling, design, and analysis of all bridge types. This will enable Bentley to deliver the first Bridge Information Modeling (BrIM) solution tailored to the needs of the hundreds of design institutes in China that already employ BridgeMaster.
By closing the gaps in traditional bridge lifecycle processes and facilitating the flow of digital information between planning, design, engineering, analysis, fabrication, construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation, BrIM will enable bridge designers, builders, and owner-operators in China to easily share a common bridge information model. This will help optimize design decisions and lead to process innovation, largely through information reuse.
Dr. Jean-Baptiste Monnier, senior vice president, Bentley Asia-Pacific, said, “We are delighted to announce this acquisition. China’s current ‘stimulus’ commitment to incremental infrastructure investment is unprecedented in world history, with $219 billion to be spent before the end of 2010 primarily on railway, road, irrigation, and airport construction. But China’s need and appetite for new bridges is particularly unsurpassed, with over $15 billion committed to bridge construction in the coming year! Our planned integration of ProjectWise with BridgeMaster will enable collaboration on a scale required for these extraordinary engineering efforts.
“Moreover, the addition of BridgeMaster’s efficient drawing production techniques to our family of complementary bridge analysis and design products will augment our BrIM capabilities in the largest market for bridge design and construction in the world.”
Yuan Guo Ping, current general manager of KSJ Beijing, who will be named Bentley director of BrIM Development, Asian Region, once the acquisition has been completed, said, “Those of us at KSJ Beijing Software joining Bentley are looking forward to working with our new colleagues as we continue to advance the capabilities of the BridgeMaster product line. Clearly, as part of the Bentley team we will be able to offer our users a more comprehensive bridge solution that will help them better manage their design and construction documents, as well as their entire roadway and railway projects.” In his new position, Mr. Yuan will be responsible for the continued development of the BridgeMaster product line, as well as the development of new products and the integration and localization of the Bentley Bridge family of products for the Chinese market.
BridgeMaster is AutoCAD-based software featuring parametric drawing creation. From the completed bridge model, all required drawings can be automatically generated and updated as the design is refined and changed.
Among the many users of BridgeMaster software are:
- China Highway Planning and Design Institute (HPDI)
- Hunan Design Institute of Communication Planning and Survey
- Guangxi Communications Planning, Survey, and Design Institute
- Zhejiang Provincial Communications Planning, Survey & Design Institute
- Jiangxi Provincial Communication Design Institute
- Hebei Provincial Communications Planning, Survey, and Design Institute
- Henan Provincial Communication Planning and Survey Design Institute
- Hubei Provincial Communications Planning, Survey and Design Institute
- Shanxi Provincial Communication Planning Survey and Design Institute
- First Survey and Design Institute Group of China Railway
- Second Railway Survey & Design Institute (SSDI)
- Third Survey and Design Institute, Ministry of Railway
- Fourth Railway Survey and Design Institute (FSDI)
- Fifth Survey and Design Institute of China Railway