CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) today announced the kick off of its annual worldwide volunteer month, CA Together in Action in which employees donate their time throughout the month of October to support community projects. Efforts include clean-up of parks and beaches, mentoring children, building affordable housing and assisting in food banks which feed the hungry.
At CA Technologies, helping others is an important part of the culture. Since its inception in 2005, CA Together in Action has provided employees with the opportunity to take time during the business day to volunteer in a variety of activities with nonprofit organizations. Last year, employees set a program record with over 1,400 volunteers participating in more than 60 community projects around the world, representing over 6,800 volunteer hours given to help local organizations. This year, CA Technologies anticipates an even higher level of involvement across the globe.
'CA Technologies has a long history of encouraging and supporting employee volunteerism,' said Bill Hughes, CA Technologies Chief Communications Officer. 'CA Together in Action is a great example of our continued investment in communities around the world. We are proud of the many partnerships we share with nonprofit organizations and the ability our employees have to mobilize their unique skills and resources to support the communities where we live and work.'
Some of the organizations CA Together in Action supports include:
Australia - The Smith Family, Daystar Foundation and Lane Cove National Park
Chile and Columbia - Un Techo para mi Pais (A Home for my Country)
Italy - SOS Children's Villages and Dynamo Camp
India - CA HOPE School
Peru - Salamanca Orphanage
- Arizona - Habitat for Humanity
- California - Family House, San Francisco
- Colorado - Friends of Monument Preserve
- Florida - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk, Junior Achievement and Metropolitan Ministries
- Georgia - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk and Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Illinois - Habitat for Humanity and Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Massachusetts - Boys and Girls Clubs of Marlborough, Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk
- Michigan - Gleaner's Community Food Bank
- New Jersey - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk
- New York - Grenville Baker Boys & Girls Club, God's Love We Deliver, PENCIL, NPower, Habitat for Humanity, Education & Assistance Corp, Cohen's Children's Medical Center and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk
- North Carolina - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk
- Ohio - TBD
- Pennsylvania - Western PA Conservancy and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk
- Texas - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk, Habitat for Humanity and Capital Area Food Bank
- Tennessee - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk
- Virginia - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk and Habitat for Humanity
- Washington - Habitat for Humanity and Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue
'The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is pleased to have CA Technologies on board as a 2010 'Light The Night Walk' supporter,' says Kaye Skonieczny, national director of Partnership Development for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 'Partnerships through programs like CA Together in Action help raise awareness and much needed funds to find cures and provide families with the critical support they need.'
'Since 2008 CA Technologies has partnered with SOS Villaggi dei Bambini,' said Enrico Mazzini, president, SOS Villaggi dei Bambini. 'We are so pleased to participate in this year's CA Together in Action program. Everything CA Technologies employees do to support our efforts makes such a big difference in the lives of the children and families we work with.'
About CA Together
CA Technologies is fully committed to advancing social, environmental, and economic sustainability. Our community affairs programs are key to our efforts, helping to make the most of human talent and potential in spite of any socio-economic disadvantages. CA Together, our global community affairs program, is driven by a core philanthropic focus of improving the lives of underserved children and communities around the world. We do this by supporting programs in the areas of education and technology, health and community, diversity, and the environment.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments - from Mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies