In cooperation with ForFarmers, WEDA Dammann & Westerkamp are putting a total solution for controlled fermentation on the market. The “ExtraFerm” innovation is the first “all inclusive, no worries” package for feed fermentation. This way, a fast and simple entry into fermented feeding has now been made possible for any pig farmer with an available liquid feeding system.
WEDA and ForFarmers combine their technology and knowledge components in order to enable the farmer an optimum of operational safety and carefree handling of fermentation processes. Due to the linking of three modules, the mobile Ferm Cube, the Ferm For Farm fermentation concept, and the monitoring software Ferm-IT, “ExtraFerm” guarantees a trouble-free fermentation process directly on the farm.
First Module: By means of the FermCube Modular System of WEDA, farmers can start with the fermentation of their animal feed without lengthy building permissions. This self-sufficient fermentation unit can be connected to all available feeding systems. Software and technology including hot water processing are completely installed in the container.
Second Module: With their “Ferm for Farm”, ForFarmers offer a concept for optimal results in the fermented feeding of pigs. The effective, liquid starter culture consists of only one bacteria strain. It is active within a broad pH spectrum and brings about a reliable and fast lowering of the pH value of the mixture. This creates a financial advantage for the farmer of EUR 10 per fattening place, EUR 12 per piglet place, and EUR 30 per sow’s place and year. The starter culture is offered as a ready for use mixture and as a concentrate + growing medium. The Ferm for Farm starter culture brings about a lowering of the pH value to under 4.2 within ten hours. This way, salmonellae and E-coli bacteria can be reduced to up to 90 per cent.
Third Module: By the use of a data interface between the software programs of WEDA technology and the Software Ferm-IT, an optimum of operational safety is given. The WEDA Software Fermi 4PLX provides detailed process data from fermenter and mixing container, for example the supply quantity of bacteria, agitator processes in the container, temperatures and pH values, weight or batch data; and the ForFarmers Software Ferm-IT evaluates these Fermi 4PX data. Smallest deviations are registered by daily data analysis and can be used by ForFarmers for the perfection of the fermentation process at the farmers locality.
Particular Features and Advantages At A Glance
- Modular construction manner enables fast start of feed fermentation
- Total concept including “all-round care” by WEDA and ForFarmers
- Secure fermentation process with reliable success prognosis
- Process monitoring enables prophylactic intervention and optimization
- Transparent process due to data storage in “Ferm-IT” for four weeks
- Cost decrease due to feed optimization
- Healthier animals and lower feed expenditure.
- Reduction of salmonellae and e-coli bacteria of up to 90 per cent
- Higher economic efficiency: possible improvement of the financial results of EUR 10 per fattening place, EUR 12 per piglet place and EUR 30 per sow’s place and year
- Sustainable agriculture: reduction of N and P, lowering of the use of antibiotics of up to 80%, use of regional raw materials, GMO-free feeding.