LED Light for Chickens: The Best Color you should Know
Lighting is one of the most crucial aspects of poultry production. When it comes to poultry production, it is true that chickens perceive light differently, and setting up a LED light to simulate nature is essential. In addition, factors such as light distribution, intensity, and color play a major role in providing the perfect conditions. Because of this, more LED products with various color and intensity options are being introduced in the market to satisfy the needs of breeding chickens.
Unfortunately, many poultry farmers are unfamiliar with the LED light for chickens. So, raising awareness about the benefits of proper lighting in the poultry sector is necessary. With the proper setup, the right LED light for chickens could positively affect productivity and total operation cost. So keep on reading to get more.
Importance of LED Light Color for Poultry
Poultry perceives light in a different way than we humans do. When lighting looks just fine for us, it can be far from that for poultry. That is to say, poultry's visible spectrum and spectral sensitivity, or what they see, is quite different from humans. That's why chickens may behave differently under different intensities and LED light colors.
Different LED light colors that chickens can see can improve poultry performances, productivity, and welfare in multiple ways. For example, using the right LED light for chickens makes them vibrant and enhances their productivity, thereby reducing operating costs and improving your income.
Top 3 Best LED Light Colors for Poultry
LED light color is an important factor in creating a good environment for poultry and ensuring high production levels. However, one important question many farmers ask is what color light is best for chickens. There are three primary color light options that chicken like the best. These include the following:
Red, available from 2,700K to 6,500K, is one of the most popular LED lights for laying hens. Many poultry farmers pay attention to letting their poultry get enough red light, which can be obtained from an adjustable LED light for chickens. The following are some main benefits brought by red light:
- Red light is essential for laying chickens since it stimulates egg production and sexual maturity.
- Poultry exposed to red light can consistently have higher egg production than other light color options.
- Exposure to red light can also potentially decrease the food consumption of poultry by up to 20%.
- Red light can help keep the poultry calm during the winter months. Installing the LED light for chickens which can adjust the red light in the poultry farm, results in less pecking and bickering within the group.
- Red light can produce a higher and greater egg yolk percentage.