PE INTERNATIONAL’s new Food & Feed Database will help the industry to improve their sustainability performance to reduce global Greenhouse Gas emissions and other impacts that stem from the production of food.
According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), agriculture, forestry and land use is an important driver of climate change, accounting for almost a quarter of total GHG emissions . The industry is increasingly looking to improve their sustainability performance. This is where PE’s new LCI data for Food & Feed can help. High quality LCI data is a basis to identify hot spots and improvement opportunities.
Sustainability drives competitive advantage
Sustainability analytics help manufacturers and retailers to drive improvements in production and design, and also deliver other business benefits:
- Meet increasing demands from customers and other stakeholders to demonstrate improved environmental performance
- Drive competitive advantage by offering more sustainable products
- Reduce energy demand and production costs
- Follow the development and be prepared for potential future directives and requirements like the Product Environmental Footprinting (PEF) initiative by the European Commission.
The new database includes over 350 datasets representing the most commonly used food and feed products in different geographical regions:
- Crops and animals, e.g. corn, tapioca, rapeseeds, beef, sheep
- Manufacturing of food products (incl. dairy, starch, and grain mill products, sugar, meat, chocolate, animal feed, vegetable and animal oils, etc.) and by-products
- European production and import mixes for major commodities like sugar beet, rapeseed, corn, soybeans and wheat
- Different allocations
- Available now! Be ready for PEF.
- Complete - includes fruits, vegetables, diary and food processing.
- Deep agricultural expertise - based on long standing sector expertise which delivers robust LCA results.
- Compliance with ENVIFOOD protocol to be prepared for future standards and usage in PEF pilot projects.
- Continuously adapting – ongoing addition of new datasets, to help you maintain your competitive edge.
- Consistent with other GaBi datasets and databases which enable you to deliver more reliable, credible LCA results consistently.
Webinar on October 22, 4 PM CEST
Agriculture expert Alexander Liedke will walk you through the features and benefits of the new Food & Feed database and answer your questions.
Wednesday, October 22, 4 PM CEST
Why GaBi Databases
- Always up-to-date & fully refreshed - to reflect current LCA methods, energy mixes, technologies and supply chains. PE INTERNATIONAL provides an annual upgrade for all its data so you are always working with the latest and most accurate data.
- Independent quality control and continuously improved - on-going critical review process of GaBi Databases and associated methods and governance by global verification company DEKRA.
- Responsive support from sector experts
- Data on demand service – PE can create any dataset that is required by a customer, or regionalize or adapt any dataset according to customer specific needs and production sites.
- Easy data exchange with ILCD – GaBi datasets are available in ILCD format, to be easily exported and exchanged with other LCA practitioners and software systems.