Dowdeswell - Model 100 Series FS & FR - Ploughs
Available in Three to Five furrow versions, the 100 Series ploughs can be specified in shearbolt form with 14” or 16” fixed (FS) furrow widths or in auto-reset form with 14” or 16” fixed (FR) furrow widths. A range of fully mounted, reversible ploughs with a fixed furrow width – suitable for tractors of up to 140hp working in the furrow. The Dowdeswell range of 100 Series fixed width ploughs have been specifically designed to meet the needs of farmer’s where high performance, ease of use and cost are of prime concern. Dowdeswell’s renowned quality engineering has been built into this plough range which, together with our full two year warranty, offers outstanding value.
Depth Wheel or Depth / Transport Wheel
- The shearbolt (FS) plough features a side mounted pneumatic or steel depth wheel with independent left and right hand depth adjustment and hydraulic damper, for a smooth shock free turnover.
- The auto-reset (FR) plough features a rear mounted pneumatic or steel depth wheel with independent left and right hand depth adjustment on a castoring bracket and hydraulic damper, for a smooth shock free turnover.
- A combination depth / transport wheel can be fitted as a cost option on the shearbolt models. It has a spanerless depth adjustment and single pin movement from working position to transport position, allowing the plough to be transported in the ‘butterfly’ position.
Top Link Alignment & Hydraulic Offset
- Patented parallel sideshift allows easy, hydraulically operated, on-the-move adjustment of the front furrow width and matching to the tractor wheel widths.
- Turnbuckle adjustment of the beam angle allows for simple setting of the plough alignment initially and when changing furrow widths to ensure the tractor top link is true.
Headstock & Turnover
- A robust headstock with a choice of top and bottom link positions at Category 2 sizes.
- Hydraulically operated Auto-Changeover valve. Independent left and right hand verticality adjusters.
- Patented Six ball pivot system allows the body to trip sideways to either side as well as vertically.
- The coil spring acts via a simple lever and tension rod for ease of adjustment and maintenance.
- The Dowdeswell system allows for a very high point lift with the geometry designed so the spring loading reduces as the body rises clear of the ground.
- Currently in production: Yes
- Related Products: 100 Series MA & MR (DP10)
- Max Horse Power: 140 hp
- Tractor Ploughing Position: In Furrow Only
- Furrows: 3 basic, 4 (3+1), 4 basic, 5 (4+1)
- Weight (Kg): 1,020 - 1640kg incl UCN bodies, skims and rear discs
- Underbeam: FS: 28” (71 cm), FR: 27” (69 cm)
- Furrow Width: Fixed 14” or 16”